No announcement yet.

Coffee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just having my first cup of Aeropress coffee and it's amazing, thanks!

Definitely tastes nicer. I'd normally cane it with sugar and milk, but this is nice black.

Comment

Hurray, a convert

Easy innit?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Hurray, a convert

Easy innit?
        Really simple, thanks!

The trickiest bit was getting the nose ring in.

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

Thought I'd found a quiet time to make another Aeropress coffee, but had a stream of people coming to the kitchen all marvelling at what I was doing.

I was fully aware that it looked like I was wrestling a Swedish love Pump, baby.

Got some Guatemalan ground coffee from Morrison's, which was lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Thought I'd found a quiet time to make another Aeropress coffee, but had a stream of people coming to the kitchen all marvelling at what I was doing.
              I hope you did this on your first lunch break

(last one, I promise..)
              Last edited by Zaki; 19-02-2020, 16:59.

Comment

I hope you told them to stop slacking off and get back to their desks QC?!

OK, OK, that was the last one.

Glad you're enjoying using it. They really are great. Here is a tip (maybe one you already know): don't use water fresh off the boil. Let it cool for a minute or two in the kettle before using it. You will get a slightly richer flavour and more crema. You don't absolutely need to do it if you're in a rush, but it's nice if you can.

Comment

A month or two's break during lockdown to reset the tastebuds and...

Starbucks > Costa

Really lost a liking for Costa's coffee taste

Comment

Starbucks = a weird sweet flavour.

Costa = extremely hot grubby water.

Comment

Starbucks Blonde Roast is great if you don't add syrups.

The dark roast is designed to still have a coffee flavour after all the vanilla / caramel / gingerbread / whatever flavour has been added.

Comment

Neros is usually my place of choice. The coffee at least tastes of coffee.

Comment

After going to almost every coffee shop despite not even liking coffee much, I ended up in a tiny place that did coffee way better than any big chain. It finally dawned on me it's all overpriced and average at best. Just a fancy name and cups and everyone has macbooks as some kind of policy or mating dance.

Comment

Flat white wherever you go.

...but enough about my ex-wife...

Comment

Went to visit my old man for first time since Christmas and he had this in the cupboard: https://www.welshbrewtea.co.uk/produ...d-coffee-227g/. 'Welsh Brew' coffee. If the idea of Welsh coffee sounds implausible and faintly disgusting, well...you have barely even begun to imagine the horrors waiting for you in this blend. it just sits there at the bottom of the cafetiere, sulking in a claggy heap. You might as well put tarmac and mud in there. The taste? Gritty, bitter and thin. The kind of experience where you have to swallow around corners to get it down your neck. For a moment I had felt a tinge of national pride. We can do good whisky, and now coffee? But alas, no. Proper horrorshow from beginning to end, it is.

Comment

They're doing these at the petrol station, 2 for a quid.

They're OK I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X