Coffee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee.

I drink a lot of coffee, and tbh, I know very little about it, even after all these years.

I do drink a bit of instant, usually if I wake up literally gagging for a coffee and saves all the faffing and waiting with the coffee maker.

Anyway...

Do any of you have a favourite coffee? any ground coffee recommendations?

Is it worth shelling out any extra for a more expensive coffee maker?
    (Think I have a standard 1.5l. I fill it up to '7' and drink 2 16oz cups at a time.) That usually does me for a bit.

I do have a genuine love for coffee, but sadly, know very little.

Hate coffee! Nobody else I know does though.

Comment

Get out of the thread! *Teasing*

Comment

Lol.
        Strangely though I am pretty interested to see how this thread turns out. While I don't drink it, I do make it and many people say I make fantastic coffee, albeit instant.

Comment

Recently sold my wee Gaggia machine as it was a PAIN in the arse to maintain, loved making espresso and a cappuccino or 4, just so damn messy though.
          I mainly used Illy coffee quite a bit, always liked it since I was introduced to it from a gaggia coffee barista I used to work with. He also let me try some some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee which was lovely, it's expensive stuff though.
          Whitards was always great place to buy from in-store until they closed them down where I live and now I can't sample the beans.
          Recently tried the Nespresso pod coffee machine and was actually surprised they tasted better than I thought they would, very quick and easy to use. So I am contemplating getting one of those for quickie coffees.

Comment

I'm only just getting into Coffee although much like an unsophisticated coffee drinker my current choice is Nescafe 3in1, which I acquired a taste for on euro adventures.

Comment

I don't drink tea or coffee, but highly recommend the Nespresso machines. Totally awesome - no mess, fast and the frother heater milk magnetic thingy is amazing. Just so easy. Lucy tells me the flavour selection is very good too. One of her fave purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Hate coffee! Nobody else I know does though.
                Me too, the smell and the taste euch!

Comment

Nespresso all the way, passes the coffee snob and ease of use test and shouldn't be confused with the nasty imitators you see in Tesco.

Had one machine or another for this system for over 10y now and would never have anything different.

Even the intense decaf is quite palatable, unlike most decafs. Livanto, Arpeggio and Roma all the way, plus the Nnual club specials are usually pretty interesting.

Comment

Check out http://hasbean.co.uk

My wife bought me some coffee from there for Christmas and it's lovely stuff. She got me a starter lack which had 5 tidy sized bags of different coffee. Each one had it's own distinctive taste. The only thing that's bettered that lot this year is the coffee my mother in law brought me back from Uganda. That was simply incredible stuff.

At some point this year I would like to roast some green coffee beans, probably pick some up from has bean.
                    Last edited by Herbalizer; 23-01-2011, 22:55. Reason: Fat fingers on iPad = spelling mistakes

Comment

Tea. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                        Check out http://hasbean.co.uk

My wife bought me some coffee from there for Christmas and it's lovely stuff. She got me a starter lack which had 5 tidy sized bags of different coffee. Each one had it's own distinctive taste. The only thing that's bettered that lot this year is the coffee my mother in law brought me back from Uganda. That was simply incredible stuff.

At some point this year I would like to roast some green coffee beans, probably pick some up from has bean.
                        Thank You. I will be placing an order there shortly.

Thanks for all the input so far..

Anyone recommend a Filter Coffee Machine? as I enjoy buying ground coffee. (and to be honest) I'd not done it different, ever.

Comment

If you have a preference on just pre-ground coffee, you can take a look at a Perculator, for example Dualit at around £70.

A basic filter coffee machine for example De-longhi, at around £17. Literally just fill water, put coffee in and press button.

If you want to spend a wee bit more you can get timer/clock based machine, will brew and auto switch on, providing coffee is all ready to go in machine. You set it for a 6AM brew and you will awake to the smell of fresh coffee at 6:05am example Prestiege Deco around £40 (also in black)

Want to spend a lot more you can get buy bean to cup machine for instance Cuisinart at around £130

Upside to these are you can also buy beans direct, it will grind and brew for you. Some even have timer/clock/programme function too. Only downside is sometimes they are quite noisy.

Hope that kind of helps in a way

Comment

Thank you, FF..

I basically have :-

and would like to upgrade, I think it will be worth it. That post is helpful, thank you.

Comment

I drink too much - and I'm attempting to cut down/drink more green tea.

I'm still a sucker for starbucks/costa anything like that. Just instant at home though, because I cannot be arsed.

The worst bit for me is the massive coffee hangovers I sometimes get at the end of the day if I've had too much.. eurgh.

Comment

Working...
                              X