Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
    Bullet Soul and Eschatos.
    Only played Bullet Soul so far but, oh dear, 5pb seem to have missed the point completely.
    It has less-than-favourable reviews elsewhere too. Quite scathing in fact. What irks you about it, precisely?

Comment

Bullet Soul and Eschatos.
      Only played Bullet Soul so far but, oh dear, 5pb seem to have missed the point completely.
      Dude, can you start a thread for it please with your impressions?

Comment

Will do after I've played some more. First impression was that although it's very well produced, the silly bullet cancelling and all too simple scoring mean the first half of the game at least is a complete bore. You could literally sit still with the fire button held down for the first two levels and not have a bullet to dodge until the boss, hence my comment about 5pb completely missing the point of danmaku.

Comment

I said the same in my review of Karous, but in retrospect, if playing for scores, you'd never play like that, so I think I'd write it slightly differently if I did it again.

Comment

I actually thought Karasu was a sack of crap back when it was released for the Dreamcast.

Comment

So ... is Eschatos any good then?

Comment

In a word, no I suppose PS2 graphics and choppy animation aside it's an enjoyable old school shooter with similar gameplay to Judgement Silversword but again, worth $75? No. Think more Triangle Service than Cave.

Eschatos and Bullet Soul are both 6/10 games at best and should be at the bottom of your list with Shooting Love and Strike Witches IMO.
                Last edited by Super Monkey Balls; 13-04-2011, 15:46.

Comment

I like Shooting Love!

Comment

In a word, no I suppose PS2 graphics and choppy animation aside it's an enjoyable old school shooter with similar gameplay to Judgement Silversword but again, worth $75? No. Think more Triangle Service than Cave.

Eschatos and Bullet Soul are both 6/10 games at best and should be at the bottom of your list with Shooting Love and Strike Witches IMO.
                    I'll buy your copy of Eschatos. :P

Judgement Silversword was absolutely brilliant and great fun to play for score. I know Eschatos doesn't share the same system, but I still think it looks brilliant.

Comment

I'll side with SMB's evaluation of Eschatos.

Despite it's low-rent looks etc I kinda quite like the game. The short levels and constant supply of quickfire enemy formations reminds me of the Star Soldier games, so its fun to play. BUT, the goddamn perspective shifts during Boss fights are annoying as hell and spoil my enjoyment of it quite a bit. Enough for me to prefer Judgement Silversword, which I had never played before.

Comment

Airport Hero: Haneda

Comment

guess what santa delivered this morning....

Last edited by dvdx2; 16-04-2011, 10:15.

Comment

Holy crap that was fast! Very nice~

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              guess what santa delivered this morning....

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9639/xboxjy.jpg
                              Santa was very good to you this year. You must have gave him a good tug to get all of that

Comment

All he needs now are some good games to go with it, a jpn 360 & no Idolm@ster games!!!!!!, just scandalous

Comment

Working...
                                X