No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlucky, no pizza or spicy tomato flavour. Those two are my personal choices. I remember there was a cheese burger one at some point too. Every now and then they release special flavours.

Comment

Speaking of snacks....

Grillable creme brul? kitkats!!

Comment

And poo sweets

Comment

When I'll be in Japan this September I'll try out the sweets that Importaku posted about and will try to understand why Japan is so fixated with KitKat.

Comment

The KitKat flavours are all regional so the convenience stores around where you're staying will only have a select few flavours. Fear not! There is a store in Narita airport that has at least double the flavours you'll find on your travels if you are just staying in one area. I grabbed an armful as I went through.

Comment

I like how Japan turn buying KitKats into some kind of collectible extravaganza, as if it's Pok?mon

My mate gave me a bunch of strange flavours he picked up there. Wasabi is quite interesting, you wouldn't think it would work....and, well, it sort of doesn't, but they're not inedible. Rum and raisin is very rummy. I got one other one too but I can't remember what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                The KitKat flavours are all regional so the convenience stores around where you're staying will only have a select few flavours. Fear not! There is a store in Narita airport that has at least double the flavours you'll find on your travels if you are just staying in one area. I grabbed an armful as I went through.
                I'll be travelling to Kobe, Kyoto, and Tokyo, so I'll be able to see different flavours...not that I'm really interested in the more exotic ones, it's already hard for me to eat the standard milk chocolate ones! Chocolate has to be dark, 75% or more cocoa for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Unlucky, no pizza or spicy tomato flavour. Those two are my personal choices. I remember there was a cheese burger one at some point too. Every now and then they release special flavours.
                  Those 2 sound pretty nice here's hoping the next lot i order contain those, i wish that okonomiyaki sauce flavour had been in the ones i got as that's my favourite although i have now tasted all the ones i have & the only one thats slightly dodgy is sugar rusk as im not used to tasting sweet savoury stuff, It tasted a bit like popcorn. Still there are loads of flavours that i have yet to experience. I have until september to get them all eaten as thats when they go out of date, mission accepted

Japan & sweets is like another level, there are literally thousands of brands some very unique & unusual. Because im not Japanese & never grew up there as a kid it's like a hidden world to me as i discover new snacks. Visiting old backstreet dagashi shops will expose you to a whole world of them. I love the sheets of various dried meats & squid that come in a variety of flavours sealed away in packs a bit like trading cards hehe.

I like how the import thread has turned into a mini sweet thread for a while maybe i should start a thread where people can post unusual sweets they have come across & reviews of ones that they have tried.

Comment

I got a neat set of a whole bunch of KitKats as a present last year, with flavours from all different regions and so on. I like a whole bunch, but mercifully my tastes are fairly simple and I could happily just get by eating the green tea flavour all day every bloody day, and they are super-common throughout the country.

M'lady came back with some fancy ones from the speciality KitKat shop in Ikebukuro lately, and in the end neither of us were that impressed - they came in super fancy packages but no particularly out there flavours.

Comment

Just tried the grillable ones...very nice they were. Very rich, Could only manage 4

I have tried lots now...my faves are the cinnamon and pumpkin pie ones though.

Comment

My other half was at an Asian market earlier this week and got a bag of the Green Tea and what I think is Cookies and Cream. Guess certain places in the US will import them from Japan to sell on heh.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

More import delights from Amazon today, 5 more DS games i was after plus 2 boxes of watapachi to munch on plus some takoyaki plates & an awesome encyclopedia of Japanese dagashi.

Comment

Oh Kitkat, Yeah there are hundreds of different types. Some are great some are ****e. Actually, I'm not a fan of green tea Kitkat. I really liked the banana one when they were out and the fruity one. One type that they always have is a dark chocolate which go so well with a nice cup of coffee.
                            Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            I got a neat set of a whole bunch of KitKats as a present last year, with flavours from all different regions and so on. I like a whole bunch, but mercifully my tastes are fairly simple and I could happily just get by eating the green tea flavour all day every bloody day, and they are super-common throughout the country.

M'lady came back with some fancy ones from the speciality KitKat shop in Ikebukuro lately, and in the end neither of us were that impressed - they came in super fancy packages but no particularly out there flavours.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              More import delights from Amazon today, 5 more DS games i was after plus 2 boxes of watapachi to munch on plus some takoyaki plates & an awesome encyclopedia of Japanese dagashi.

What's the bottom left DS game?
                              Cover looks good

Neil

Comment

That one is dokapon journey sort of a boardgame rpg. Would be a bit easier to see if the big metalic sticker on the front of the cellophane didn't block most of the box.

here's it minus the sticker

Comment

Working...
                                X