No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play-Asia has the English language version for much cheaper than the premium edition I got.

Comment

Payday arrived, now to add to my PS1 library it's going to be a hard choice weither i try and get all the parodius games this month or get all the pop n music games instead. All 3 parodius games however are pretty expensive and sexy parodius is a pain to find for playstation especially in nice condition it seems most of the ones on ebay are in trash shape or use stock photos.

But i did buy this masterpiece, sadly the last time Konami would use the twinbee franchise for a shooting game but it went out with a blast the game is amazing from the sung anime intro to the fully voiced characters which pop up while you play to the fantastic use of background scrolling when you preform a loop or barrel roll. I only ever played twinbee on Nintendo consoles i had no idea how amazing this game was till i tried it on my playstation mini and was blown away with how good it is. Not a cheap title but well worth the money

Also picked up Twinbee taisen puzzle dama as it has the original puzzle dama game built in as well which makes it a hell of a lot easier than trying to get the original release as most copies i have seen are either scratched or sunfaded.

Aaaaand im skint again LOL

Hobby funds all used up for another month, but i purchased a good chunk of PS1 goodness i can go for the rest of the missing parodius/pop n games next month. Just bought....

Version 2 of the pop n controller this one is way better than the first version but sadly due to age most are yellowed, think i can retrobright the tiny bit of yellowing off this one. Although in a month or so's time i'll be coughing up for the arcade controller if there are still some on ebay around then, always wanted the full sized one.

pop n 2

pop n 3

pop n 4

pop n disney tunes

pop n anime melody

Gokujou parodius deluxe pack

Comment

Nice pickups man. I struggle to get on with the early Pop'n games, and definitely find the QoL stuff from the later ones (speed mods being key) a real draw. 6 is my favourite from the PS1 bunch, but if you do go up to the PS2 ones, I love 8 to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Nice pickups man. I struggle to get on with the early Pop'n games, and definitely find the QoL stuff from the later ones (speed mods being key) a real draw. 6 is my favourite from the PS1 bunch, but if you do go up to the PS2 ones, I love 8 to bits.
          I am wanting to re collect my PS2 library at some point in the future there is a lot in the ps2 library i really like, i'd love to get the rest of the pop n series that were released on ps2 as well to make it fully complete. If my wallet could cope i'd do it now but i have to focus on one console at a time as ps1 collecting is not that cheap especially for shooters most of the rhythm games thankfully are not too bad pricewise but i will get there hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Payday arrived, now to add to my PS1 library it's going to be a hard choice weither i try and get all the parodius games this month or get all the pop n music games instead. All 3 parodius games however are pretty expensive and sexy parodius is a pain to find for playstation especially in nice condition it seems most of the ones on ebay are in trash shape or use stock photos.

But i did buy this masterpiece, sadly the last time Konami would use the twinbee franchise for a shooting game but it went out with a blast the game is amazing from the sung anime intro to the fully voiced characters which pop up while you play to the fantastic use of background scrolling when you preform a loop or barrel roll. I only ever played twinbee on Nintendo consoles i had no idea how amazing this game was till i tried it on my playstation mini and was blown away with how good it is. Not a cheap title but well worth the money

Also picked up Twinbee taisen puzzle dama as it has the original puzzle dama game built in as well which makes it a hell of a lot easier than trying to get the original release as most copies i have seen are either scratched or sunfaded.

Aaaaand im skint again LOL

Hobby funds all used up for another month, but i purchased a good chunk of PS1 goodness i can go for the rest of the missing parodius/pop n games next month. Just bought....

Version 2 of the pop n controller this one is way better than the first version but sadly due to age most are yellowed, think i can retrobright the tiny bit of yellowing off this one. Although in a month or so's time i'll be coughing up for the arcade controller if there are still some on ebay around then, always wanted the full sized one.

pop n 2

pop n 3

pop n 4

pop n disney tunes

pop n anime melody

Gokujou parodius deluxe pack
            SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much pretty

Awesome gets dude

Neil

Comment

It feels like far too much of a coincidence that the day @importaku posts a bunch of Pop'n games, the certifiable best Pop'n player posts a video of a frankly daft score on the Goemon track from Iroha

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                It feels like far too much of a coincidence that the day @importaku posts a bunch of Pop'n games, the certifiable best Pop'n player posts a video of a frankly daft score on the Goemon track from Iroha

crazy amounts of skill to be able to pull that off. I hope one day i can play like that but i can only get so far with a small controller which is why that arcade one is going to be bought in the near future (fingers crossed). The first 6 games will give me enough to go on till i can play without looking at the buttons, although when arcade club opens in leeds that will give me another outlet to practice as i think they are getting pop n music in there like the bury site so i can put what i learned into an arcade setting. Worked great when i played jubeat on ipad, i found i could handle extreme level 8 & 9 songs in the arcade without much difficulty at all hell even songs i had never played before i could somehow manage scraping a clear grade.

My fave pop n song is still shining, sadly it's not in the ps1 versions as it came much later.

Comment

Well that sucks i get in today to find the seller who i had bought that copy of twinbee puzzle dama from has cancelled my auction as he says he can't find it and must have sold it.

Soooo it looks like i had a bit of money free again so i bought the remaining 2 pop n games instead, yay full ps1 set now. Praying none have been used to play air hockey with, ps1 games can scratch if you even look at them funny.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    crazy amounts of skill to be able to pull that off. I hope one day i can play like that but i can only get so far with a small controller which is why that arcade one is going to be bought in the near future (fingers crossed).]
                    Now I know what the Pop'n games are all about. What amazing skill.

I hope you manage to get the big arcade controller at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      Now I know what the Pop'n games are all about. What amazing skill.

I hope you manage to get the big arcade controller at some point.
                      Not one for playing at night though it sounds like a tap dancing troupe in your room LOL

Comment

And the remaining popn games arrived all ok apart from anime melody which has a pretty scuffed up disk it still works but it will be getting replaced at some point but least the manual & case are pristine.

Comment

March haul

Comment

That's the American version of Sekiro, right?

Comment

The game's Japanese, the big box is American. I was surprised when I was this (ordered from Nin-Nin), but apparently there's no "proper" Japanese edition for that.

Comment

Ahh gotcha - and yeah, I remember finding it weird seeing them tweet about the American LE versison.

Comment

Working...
                                X