No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not all 3rd party games are listed on nintendo's website sadly making loads of the lesser known stuff harder to guess. Lol and yes boku natsu is indeed jpn only, thankfully though the kanji has furigana so i'm saved in the older videos it didn't have any but thankfully in the newer trailers it looks like they put it in.

Comment

The eShop has the language details at least. Do you have an example of a title that is not listed? I'd just like to have a looksie.

edit: sorry if I'm sounding like a dick, I used to love doing stuff like that too.
      Last edited by kryss; 18-06-2021, 05:23.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Maybe it's worth me creating a thread of import games for switch to list the ones that do go into english. As some of the 3rd party stuff it's a nightmare trying to figure out if it's got english in there or not. Although i don't mind playing in japanese for simpler games, for some where it's complex and tied to the gameplay (cough professor layton) i find i have to stick to english.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          The eShop has the language details at least. Do you have an example of a title that is not listed? I'd just like to have a looksie.

edit: sorry if I'm sounding like a dick, I used to love doing stuff like that too.
          Nah it doesn't come across as been a dick, last game i tried looking up was this...

The only ones that appear on the nintendo japan page are other older versions of it as i think a lot of them are cheapy eshop digital titles but i'm guessing with all them been in japanese that this pack will be too, been looking for something like this since i played keshikasu kun on the DS.

Comment

The blob of hot glue was bothering me a little on my drum as in time it has a chance of coming away if the cable gets yanked and seeing as that's the only thing holding the wires to the drum i wanted to make sure they were secure, so i bought some of those self adhesive pad thingys for zip tiying cables to and put a couple on as strain relief in case the cable ever gets yanked. Also bought a higher quality 3 meter braided usb b cable as the one they sent is tiny and i struggled to set the drum up as it had to be close to the switch.

I was looking to see if i could get one of those straps that went around the drum that the arcade machine has that make it look like it has little studs all around but even searching in Japan i have come up empty. The rubber has the recessed rim all the way around so my plan b is to get a couple of cotton ropes in red & white and make a twisted braid to decorate that sucker like it's ready for a festival and finish it off with a decorative knot as i enjoy arts & crafts stuff also plan on staining the mdf legs a dark brown so they don't stand out as much. Sort of like a special pimp my taiko episode
            Last edited by importaku; 20-06-2021, 13:33.

Comment

For the Saturn...

And the PS1...

Comment

I'm detecting a shooty theme this month, nice gets.

Comment

Thanks, shooters and fighters are my main two genres so adding to them is always fun.

Comment

Love shmups too especially the more wacky ones like parodius, man i wish that series would come back imagine the stuff they could do with modern tech with that series, just wish that genre wasn't hit with so many fanatical fans as it's so damn expensive now trying to get hold of them especially retro ones. Gotten lucky with jpn PS1 to some extent but some are forever beyond my financial reach now. It's why now i'm going out of my way on switch while they are reasonably easy to get and sanely priced as when the years start going along it's gonna happen all over again.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, I got into them pretty hard during the 360 era and imported most of them on the 360 (and a couple on PS3). It's not a cheap pursuit at all these days. I do the same as you, try and pick anything up now before the prices go wild. I think Switch shooters will end up costing more than the 360 ones do today eventually.

I think Otomedius was meant to be a halfway between Parodius and Gradius, but it just didn't really do it for me. It needed either the wackiness of Parodius or the feeling of threat from Gradius and had neither.

Comment

Nice pickups! I’m definitely at the point where the good shooters I’m missing are starting to ramp up severely in cost, but at the same time I don’t see the prices as coming down any time soon either…

I’ve never spent much time with Parodius but I know enough to say that Otomedius does not scratch that itch. There’s a couple of references to old Konami shooters that got a smile out of me, but more than anything it’s just bogged down with creepy fan service.

Comment

Bloody amazon japan buyers buying up the last copy of caladrius on switch, ended up having to goto ebay for a copy. Luckily i have nectar points to burn so i knocked a chunk off the price. Least it's in the UK somewhere so i won't have long to wait in the post (lol i hope)

Wanted this one before it becomes harder to get hold of, damn korea exclusive physical release.

Comment

I snapped that up from PlayAsia, who are apparently doing free shipping.

Comment

Yeah I did the same, actually worked out a reasonable price for a change from them! Also bought a Switch copy of Capcom Belt Scroller Collection and Samurai-Force Shing.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Bloody amazon japan buyers buying up the last copy of caladrius on switch, ended up having to goto ebay for a copy. Luckily i have nectar points to burn so i knocked a chunk off the price. Least it's in the UK somewhere so i won't have long to wait in the post (lol i hope)

Wanted this one before it becomes harder to get hold of, damn korea exclusive physical release.
                                Dang
                                Missed this
                                Question is do I really need a copy when I already have the original on 360 & Blaze for the PS3

Off to look at prices because of course I do lol

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X