No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re a brave man Zak, there’s some bloody expensive games out there!

I’ve actually got another 20kg of crap coming from Japan, but it only shipped a week ago. This time there’s a few more boxed games. My end goal is a nice boxed collection, but the cart only games on YAJ are so cheap I’ve bought a bunch just to play them while I replace them later.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Sublime. The kind of daft and ultimately pointless retro item that makes my heart sing.
      I can’t help myself, I actually bought a boxed PC-FX controller that I didn’t picture. I need that controller so I can play 2p on my PC-FX with absolutely nobody because there’s no good games.

Comment

Nice to see that there's still some enthusiastic importers out there although to be honest with the modern platforms it's never been easier now with import gaming as all of them are region free and with switch having a lot of dual language releases and none of the wait five years for the uk version. It's still not perfect but with that and the ease of been able to get hold of most stuff from japan it's a pretty good time to be gaming in fact the switch is the first time i have gone with a mixed collection of some domestic releases and japanese stuff. With retro stuff mainly nintendo i still go with japanese region i just love the artwork plus japanese gaming in general suits my tastes.

Some stuff is still a pain to get mainly the elaborate special order controllers from Hori's japanse store it's one of the few times i have been thwarted as even with a middleman they just plain wont let me buy them the miserable gits. Have to be reliant of the marketplace sellers on Amazon J in getting them although with that project diva arcade controller i ended up paying about £120 over it's normal retail cost but still a hell of a lot better than ebay where they are trying to flog them for a grand. Only made a couple of crazy purchases like that this year 2 of them been stupidly rare PS1 games and that diva controller.

Comment

Not a traditional import. Imported from Holland (the stick, the throttle was from box.co.uk, cheaper than Amazon)

Comment

I get the feeling thats gonna be use on microsoft flight simulator hehe, looks fancy as hell.

Comment

Got it digitally, but had to have the JP version because no good reasons really. I like that if you read the cover from right to left, Mario gets a tan which is logical since he's exposed to a lot of Sunshine.

Last edited by MoFo2; 05-10-2020, 17:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Not a traditional import. Imported from Holland (the stick, the throttle was from box.co.uk, cheaper than Amazon)
                Why not getting the companion stick for the Warthog throttle? Depending on what you fly the most, there's an F-18 stick option for that.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Why not getting the companion stick for the Warthog throttle? Depending on what you fly the most, there's an F-18 stick option for that.
                  I fly the hornet the most yeah, but I also play elite. The vkb has a left hand version too so I plan to get that and go hosas. Also the TM stick has issues over time. The gimbal on the vkb appears better made, it’s cheaper, more customisable and feels as good as my mates TM with the F18C stick. I went with the TM warthog throttle because that is still the best out there IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I fly the hornet the most yeah, but I also play elite. The vkb has a left hand version too so I plan to get that and go hosas. Also the TM stick has issues over time. The gimbal on the vkb appears better made, it’s cheaper, more customisable and feels as good as my mates TM with the F18C stick. I went with the TM warthog throttle because that is still the best out there IMO.
                    I've been using a 1st production run Warthog stick all these years and no hardware issues; when I switched to the current computer I had to update the firmware on the old PC because otherwise it wouldn't had worked.
                    But I do agree for more arcadey stuff lighter sticks are better.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                      Got it digitally, but had to have the JP version because no good reasons really.
                      Ownership justifies purchase

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        I've been using a 1st production run Warthog stick all these years and no hardware issues; when I switched to the current computer I had to update the firmware on the old PC because otherwise it wouldn't had worked.
                        But I do agree for more arcadey stuff lighter sticks are better.
                        Yeah I only have internet reports to go on and by it’s very nature of being a decade old stick I guess it will garner more complaints! To be fair most complaints referred to ‘sticktion’ which appears to be treatable with silicon lubricant anyway. Anyway, really happy with this set up and managed a case 1 recovery first go after about 20 attempts on the old setup. I actually really rate the old Hotas x for games like elite but it doesn’t cut it for DCS, well when you’re learning at least.

Comment

It's heeeeeere, thankfully undamaged & fully working as i have given it a quick test on the button input testy thing on my switch, can't play diva on it yet as my game is in the other parcel. But that's not gonna stop me from taking a stupid amount of pics lol, amusingly you can use it on any game as it's just a weird looking control stick.

Box is stupidly heavy as Hori ship them from the factory double boxed which considering it was shipped naked like this from Japan i'm super grateful of. Lol zero import tax because quite frankly the uk government can kiss my ass no way are they getting a slice of a £400+ controller. Hori make these to order in very small runs there are not a huge amount of them out there as they have only had 2 preorder periods so far each one is numbered, the amount they make is how many preorders they got before they closed the preorder window.

It took at least one good knock on it's way from Japan, the box is frigging massive.

Thankfully well protected but seeing the cost i'd damn well demand it was.

inside foam on foam all thankfully holding it in place

Mine was number 47 out of 1310 i guess thats how many preordered in the 2nd period.

Bam, it's a beast and the buttons feel so nice they are very responsive.

They also light up

And so does the touch slider too

You can customise the colour of the touch slider light by holding down the LED key and using up & down on the dpad sticking to Miku teal though i think.

Anyone wanting to see it in action there's a vid here (not me lol)
                          Last edited by importaku; 08-10-2020, 12:13.

Comment

God damn, that thing is basically an arcade cabinet control panel that’s been pulled off and had a wire stuck in it’s back! It’s glorious. I assume that keyboard in the background is a normal sized one?

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                              God damn, that thing is basically an arcade cabinet control panel that’s been pulled off and had a wire stuck in it’s back! It’s glorious. I assume that keyboard in the background is a normal sized one?
                              yup just a regular sized keyboard behind it, i have seen people on youtube that have manage to somehow get hold of real diva arcade panels and managed to hack them to make them work on consoles/pc. This one is not 100% accurate as it's missing the rainbow led effect on the touch slider but apart from that the feel is pretty much spot on. the buttons have very short travel making presses very responsive. Now need to look into getting a case for it to keep the dust off when not playing as it's gonna sit on the floor. May end up asking mum to make me something on the old sewing machine as i just need something simple to keep it clean and dust free.

Comment

The 2nd half of my parcel arrived, Taiko no tatsujin plus the controller as well as some wooden arcade mybatchi and a carry case for said sticks when i take them to the arcade. Wooden sticks are way better than the plastic ones bundled with the controller, the carry case is pretty neat as it has hooks to clip it to the arcade machine while you are playing and a shoulder strap so you can sling them over your shoulder while travelling. Also my copy of project diva turned up so i can finally put my arcade controller to it's intended use. Oh and a cup noodle plamo kit lol.

Love how on the kit they are terrified that someone is going to accidentally eat it, a sign that it's a little too realistic when built

Comment

Working...
                                X