No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah it's about 22% plus the fee levied by the courier. The fee is normally about £15 though from memory.

You can dodge the fees by using a reshipper like Tenso. [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] uses them I believe.

Comment

Suppose just gotta hope my package goes unnoticed but that is probably very unlikely nowadays.

Thanks for the info, will have to read up on these reshipper's.

Comment

Not sure if hit-japan automatically marks a lower value, but I’ve never paid import fees for packages from them or any other Japanese seller, but then again I always message them after paying

Comment

I've actually just checked a photo of the customs form on Devil Crash and the seller had marked the items value up as £10

Yeah i always used to email sellers direct and ask if they could mark as a gift and lower the value and never had a problem. The issue just now is that with this GDPR we cannot get the sellers direct email address and all messages go through eBay now, was wary of getting flagged ? Maybes i am getting old and worrying about it to much now lol..

Saying that i had not long sent item of to the US and had to complete a customs form but lowered the value for the guy, just hope they do the same.
          Last edited by 60-hz; 01-07-2018, 19:50.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
            I don't buy from other regions, its too much faffing around, which is a shame as I'm desperate to get Bombjack. For some ridiculous reason is US and Japan only.
            Buying a region-specific voucher from Play-Asia takes about 47 seconds.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

And then setting up another profile etc, and try to understand the menus... Bit more to it than just buying psn credit.

Comment

It’s super easy to use the JPN menu as it’s the old-style store front. I’d be happy to help you out in that regard. You just basically have to press O or X a lot of times once you’ve chosen your title. Once bought, you can play under your U.K. account anyway. It’s much easier than you may think.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 02-07-2018, 19:00.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Maybe we could have a guide on the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    Maybe we could have a guide on the forum?
                    Sounds like a plan.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Get the Google Translate app for your phone and it will translate through the camera in realtime. It's not perfect, but it does well enough to figure out what's going on. It's also useful for options menus in games (sadly, it won't work with pixel fonts, so is only helpful on more modern consoles)
                      Last edited by ZipZap; 04-07-2018, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                        Get the Google Translate app for your phone and it will translate through the camera in realtime. It's not perfect, but it does well enough to figure out what's going on. It's also useful for options menus in games (sadly, it won't work with pixel fonts, so is only helpful on more modern consoles)
                        Aye, it’s terrible for the 3DS

Comment

I've just had Cave Story + turn up on the Switch. Unsure why Nicalis never bothered to release it over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                            I've just had Cave Story + turn up on the Switch. Unsure why Nicalis never bothered to release it over here.
                            I imagine because there is just a big enough audience with the expanse of America. Seems to be the case with a lot of titles really.

Comment

Two new'uns. Octopath on the train would be nice but tbh in this heat I doubt I'll be able to concentrate on it!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Two new'uns. Octopath on the train would be nice but tbh in this heat I doubt I'll be able to concentrate on it!

Woo Taiko no Tatsujin! Do let us know your impressions of the motion controls - reviews have been very mixed online so far. Would be keen to know because I'm on the fence of getting it myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X