No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally arrived, time to see just how scary it gets, fire up the VR headset.

Comment

I really don't want to use Nin-Nin-Game but I fear that I might have to as they have something that I want to purchase before it inevitably sells out.

Can people on here vouch for them?

Comment

I can, although I mainly preorder stuff and on that they're very precise. The couple of items marked as "available" I've ordered were sent in two-three working days.

Comment

I used to use Nin Nin a few years ago, although they were a bit slow I never had an issue with them. Website has always been a mess though

Comment

I've mostly migrated to Amazon now, but I grabbed a few bits in their black Friday sale, all went swimmingly enough. Would agree that their strength is on pre-orders though, their definition of "in stock" is often quite a liberal interpretation of it being in stock somewhere in Japan that they can seemingly pick up within a few days.

Comment

Totally committed to Switch imports now, with my second physical copy of a game together with Captain Toad that also got a PAL physical release (the JP/US physical exclusives being Rockman 11, Okami HD and Katamari Damacy). Gonna be so mad when there's a big game coming where the JP release doesn't have English options, but so far, so good.

This is a great list to check out for future reference

Last edited by Nico87; 18-01-2019, 15:48.

Comment

With the region restriction crap finally dropped im more happy to mix regions some games only seem to have a western release in cart form and others only in japan so im happy to mix. It's the most uk nintendo games i have ever owned in my life lol

Comment

With Super Mario Odyssey and DKC: Tropical Freeze coming in on Friday I only have Octopath Traveler left in my Switch backlog

Comment

Anybody know how long it usually takes Play-asia to deliver something?(just standard delivery) Ordered Katamari on the 1st of January and no sign of it yet. Looks like I may have a bit of a nightmare on my hands if their customer service is difficult to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
                      Anybody know how long it usually takes Play-asia to deliver something?(just standard delivery) Ordered Katamari on the 1st of January and no sign of it yet. Looks like I may have a bit of a nightmare on my hands if their customer service is difficult to deal with.
                      Standard airmail can take up to three weeks. EMS within 5 working days. DHL, UPS, FedEx two/three working days.

Comment

And it's going through UK customs as well

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                          And it's going through UK customs as well
                          Even standard airmail packages with a single game inside get snatched by UK customs? In both Italy and Switzerland that kind of parcel goes through customs without any problems.

Comment

Cheers guys. I'll give it another week or so. Been years since I've ordered from there.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              Even standard airmail packages with a single game inside get snatched by UK customs? In both Italy and Switzerland that kind of parcel goes through customs without any problems.
                              In Norway they do. They just check the value and if it's over the limit then you're paying.

Speaking of customs, from 01/01/2020 they're removing the limit completely here so you have to pay even if the item only costs €1
                              Last edited by Nico87; 29-01-2019, 22:10.

Comment

My copy of Time Bokan Series - Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronbou arrived from Germany of all places in remarkable condition for been 23 years old. still waiting for my other time bokan game to turn up from Japan, hope it's in a good a condition as this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X