Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we supposed to use this forum for first plays of imported titles too? I see kryss' MH3 Portable thread has been moved here.

Comment

Until it gets a Euro release, then yes. After which, we'll move it move it. I like to move it move it.

Comment

Just noticed my JP PS2 boots all pal PS1 games at 60 hz.

Comment

Dodgy chip? lol

My debug does the same due to it being an NTSC unit. Rather that than all 60hz games running at 50hz like on a PAL unit though. Yeck. Only applies to PS1 games though.

Comment

There's a force 60hz option on the matrix infinity.

Comment

A 50hz/60hz thread would be good..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Dodgy chip? lol

My debug does the same due to it being an NTSC unit. Rather that than all 60hz games running at 50hz like on a PAL unit though. Yeck. Only applies to PS1 games though.
                Defo not!! No idea what I have though, it was done by a friend years ago. It has played everything I have ever chucked at it. It says Toxic on bootup. All i Know.

Comment

Could be a DMS3 then. Smexy.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Could be a DMS3 then. Smexy.
                    I have no idea. It has no menu or anthing, runs like a normal PS2. Everything from GT4 to all DVDs work on it fine.

Comment

Yeah. The 3 is on par with matrix infinity.

Comment

I remember when this place was almost all about imports. Shame it's been ghettoised a bit, but I'm glad to see you preserving the community too. Sign of the times I guess.

Supposed I'll have to get playing the latest Kaiju Busters so I can contribute something relevant here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                          I remember when this place was almost all about imports. Shame it's been ghettoised a bit, but I'm glad to see you preserving the community too. Sign of the times I guess.
                          Well these days it's generally nowhere near as beneficial to import as it was back in the 90's or early 00's.

My Wii is NTSC though. but all other consoles I own are PAL.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Just noticed my JP PS2 boots all pal PS1 games at 60 hz.
                            Wouldn't that mean that optimised and partly-optimised games would play too fast?

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                            A 50hz/60hz thread would be good..
                            Isn't that sorta the point of this whole fourm? At least regarding anything from the 80s and 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post

Supposed I'll have to get playing the latest Kaiju Busters so I can contribute something relevant here.
                              It was certainly almost all about ntsc imports (be it US or Japan). I think there was even a PAL forum at the start. That went as PAL games came with 60Hz options with the DC and PS2 and Xbox. Now with HD, it pretty much leaves Japan imports and US exclusives. Who knows where it will go next....

Ghetto lol. Already a bit confused as to where stuff should go, with a First Play for the Catherine demo. Should that be in here? Or should be leave First play where it is and just have general discussion in here. Crazy stuff. But I feel it needs a place where it doesn't get jettisonned off the first page within a day.

Comment

Was going to ask about the Catherine demo - I take it you can only get it with a Japanese account - in which case it should be in here right?

Comment

Working...
                                X