This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the import area.

Import coverage was getting a little lost, so here's a dedicated forum for all news and discussion for imports past and present. Whilst it might create a little confusion every now and then when games eventually get released in Europe, let's see if it works.

Put first play here too (if it's import only) and then we'll move it to the main first play forum if it ever gets a Euro release.
    Last edited by charlesr; 25-01-2011, 10:58.

Great idea charlesr!

Comment

Isn't it a little sad to have an import section on a forum that started off as one of the best websites for import gaming?
      I'll be using it, just a shame to see how much the import scene has changed I guess

Comment

I think it shows how much improved the European scene is. No 50 hz, no massive delays and the major titles now seem to be developed in the west.

Both a good thing and a bad thing.

Comment

One day all of this will be mine...
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've just sold the rest of my PAL items so I'm basically an import exclusive gamer now. Derpa.

Although my PS3 is PAL, until I find a nice 20GB JP unit when I can afford it. But they're region free anyway.

Comment

For current gen, PAL isn't an issue, but for retro it's still unbeatable.

Nintendo/Sega stuff in 50Hz? No thanks! Plus all the nifty little consoles that only came out in japan make it the way to go.

Comment

I'm still unsure about 50/60hz on say a CRT.. But still.

Comment

Just get a Sony Wega and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    I'm still unsure about 50/60hz on say a CRT.. But still.
                    In what way are you unsure?

Comment

If 50hz is still relevant at all. lol

Also, PAL60 is too wide to display correctly on my XRGB-2+, because I'm mad and do stuff like play PS3 games with scanlines sometimes.

Comment

Nice idea. Especially now with 3DS region locking (grrr). I must admit, with the very odd exception, I've pretty much lost touch with import gaming outside the odd PSP or DS game.

Comment

I know that I only ever really imported in recent years to get DS stuff early from the states because Ninty are pretty much the only publisher who don't do near simultaneous EU releases now.

The market shifted to be more global, and while there's still plenty of Japan only titles around, there haven't been any that have made me want to import the hardware to play them.

What goes around though. If the shift back to region locking is endemic in the next round of hardware then importing consoles is back on the agenda for many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post

The market shifted to be more global, and while there's still plenty of Japan only titles around, there haven't been any that have made me want to import the hardware to play them.
                            And I think that's why this forum exists now. So that titles you might miss otherwise don't get drowned out by the torrent of quality games being released in the West.

Comment

60Hz is 17% faster. Just listen to the SMW intro at 50Hz
                              I thought something was wrong when I first heard it after so many years on 60Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X