No announcement yet.

Japanese Xbox 360 Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the 2nd Japanese 360 to die on me. The first one's disk drive crapped up.

I'm too heavily invested to back out of NTSCJ 360 now, I have a big stack of games and ?200's worth of stuff pre ordered for the coming weeks.

What's the reliability on old arcade units nowadays? Videogameimports have some at decent prices.

Comment

Love the J360 - it was my first 360 at all, in fact, and despite getting a PAL and US unit to go along with it I have continued to replace the one that started it all off

All the shooters alone make it totally worthwhile, but all the other stuff + early releases just push it that little bit further.

edit: this thread just reminded me that I've not even opened Dream Club and Senko no Ronde DUO, both of which are sat on my shelf
      Last edited by fuse; 26-01-2011, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
        EDIT - How are Play Asia when it comes to consoles and import tax? They have Japanese 4gb slims for ?180 and I might as well plump for a piece of hardware that works.
        My old one cost me ?180 plus about ?40 shipping by EMS and another ?40 odd import duty.

What's the reliability on old arcade units nowadays? Videogameimports have some at decent prices.
        The one your friend had off me had been going strong for two years but had nowhere near as much use as my PAL system, which has been going longer without any errors. Both consoles were Falcons too.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
          I really want the new dodonpachi, gal gun and pink sweets, but the prices are crazy at the mo
          Didn't you wrote an article on this subject for some magazine? Which issue was it in? I want to try to procure scans!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            edit: this thread just reminded me that I've not even opened Dream Club and Senko no Ronde DUO, both of which are sat on my shelf
            Me too. Both Dream Club and SnRD are sitting along DDP Daifukkatsu unopened on my desk, on the "I'll play it sometime later" pile; probably Gal Gun (shipping today, woo!) will further enlong the queue.
            I don't really see any problem skipping over GG and DC, but I should really get into DDP DFK and SnRD.

Comment

is 4GB Japanese XBOX 360 good enough for cave and similar games only to use as extension to my PAL XBOX 360 with 120gb HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                is 4GB Japanese XBOX 360 good enough for cave and similar games only to use as extension to my PAL XBOX 360 with 120gb HD.
                Yes. Most Cave stuff is only a small install(If I remember right Mushi & Espgaluda 2 were both around 700Mb) and you can pick up a 20/60GB HDD and take the casing off it and plug it straight into the HDD slot on the console.

Comment

finally got Virtual On Force on the way...see there is 2 lots of dlc.
                  i have a jp account already but do i need a japanese points card or will an eu one work??

then if i do need to import where can I get one from? (as close to 800 points as poss)

Comment

You will need JP points on a JP account, but providing you download it to the same machine you play on, you can still use your main gamertag to play it.

As per the PSN thread, I just came across this site recently which seems good for picking up JP-region cards for a variety of services; http://www.japan-codes.com/

I've a review coming up shortly for VO:Force, but I would say wait until you get the game and try out mission mode before you stump up for expensive points cards to get more of it, though.

Comment

I'm looking to expand my Japanese xbox 360 collection. I got heavily into it at one point then just completely stopped importing games for it...

As i'm sure you're aware i'm mainly into my shooters, but i'm after any noteworthy games here.

My current NTSC-J collection stands at:

Senko no Ronde
                      Shotokou Battle X
                      Mushihimesama Futari 1.5
                      Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EXtra
                      Ketsui EXtra
                      Deathsmiles
                      Raiden IV
                      Blazblue
                      Shooting Love 200x
                      Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label (Ordered)
                      Virtual On Force (Ordered)

I didn't buy Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 and ESPGaluda II because I got the iPhone versions. Daifukkatsu 1.5 I love to pieces and still regularly play on the iPhone so i'm not looking to buy that, especially with black label on the way, but ESPGaluda II is definitely on my buy list.

I'm completely out of the loop, so what other imports are recommended right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                        I'm completely out of the loop, so what other imports are recommended right now?
                        I will talk about my love of No More Heroes to anyone that will listen! I can recommend that.

Anyway, I have just performed the RROD fix on my J360 so my anger and misery has subsided and I will start posting in this section again.

I bought Raiden off here over a year ago and never really played it so now I'm dipping in and out of that. Gal Gun is on it's way as well

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                          I'm looking to expand my Japanese xbox 360 collection. I got heavily into it at one point then just completely stopped importing games for it...

As i'm sure you're aware i'm mainly into my shooters, but i'm after any noteworthy games here.

My current NTSC-J collection stands at:

Senko no Ronde
                          Shotokou Battle X
                          Mushihimesama Futari 1.5
                          Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EXtra
                          Ketsui EXtra
                          Deathsmiles
                          Raiden IV
                          Blazblue
                          Shooting Love 200x
                          Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label (Ordered)
                          Virtual On Force (Ordered)

I didn't buy Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 and ESPGaluda II because I got the iPhone versions. Daifukkatsu 1.5 I love to pieces and still regularly play on the iPhone so i'm not looking to buy that, especially with black label on the way, but ESPGaluda II is definitely on my buy list.

Blimey that's a dream list you have there anyway

I think in all fairness the only thing missing at the moment is a pre-order for the Muchi Muchi/pink sweets double pack

Oh & where's Raiden Fighters???
                          You need that.

Aside from that I can't really think of much else I'd want when you already have that little lot lol

Neil

Comment

Still don't get how people could possibly like Senko no Ronde.

It's a shmup and a fighter, but neither of which it's good at being..

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Still don't get how people could possibly like Senko no Ronde.

It's a shmup and a fighter, but neither of which it's good at being..

/rant
                              It confused the hell out of me when I got it with my 360
                              It's an interesting concept but without properly understanding everything it just left me a bit cold.

I do keep meaning to pick up the UK version to see if makes anymore sense when you can understand the text & speech.

Neil

Comment

I will talk about my love of No More Heroes to anyone that will listen! I can recommend that.
                                Don't get me wrong, I adore NMH (it was the reason I bought and imported a Wii to get it on release), but the 360 port is hugely disappointing. Don't mind the lazy textures or even to some extent the missing content, but the hugely OTT loading times drove me mad. I never thought I'd let something like that get in the way of me enjoying a game, but after expecting it to be the 'ultimate' version, of NMH I felt violated.

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                                I'm looking to expand my Japanese xbox 360 collection.
                                On the Cave front you could also do with a copy of Death Smiles IIX - personally I am not a huge fan but if you can get into the scoring system it's meant to be superb. Galuda II and Dai Fukkatsu are well worth a flutter if you are enjoying the iOS versions.

I've not played Radirgy NOA Massive or Strike Witches; these seem to be quite polarising in the opinions they get but do seem decent enough. It's worth pointing out that Strike Witches pushes you towards pad use rather than sticks though, which is an irk.

Aside from that you've got most bases covered already I'd say, mate! If you dig Senko you could upgrade to DUO, Blazblue CT is well worth moving up to CS, and for my money RFA is a much better game than RIV - well worth importing if you don't want to wait for the apocaly- sorry, PAL release

Comment

Working...
                                X