Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite import exclusives (wallet damaging content warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure that it was made available from the J-PSN in a recent update if you just want a digital copy

Comment

Nexzr PC Engine - hard as nails yet one of my favourites on the PCE

Seirei Senshi Spriggan
      PC Engine - Compile made shmup so guaranteed to be good

Mugen Senshi Valis PC Engine - remake of the original Valis. really good 2D sidescroller

Batsugun Saturn - Toaplan's swansong. best shmup ever

Battle Garegga Saturn - takes rank control to a whole new level. second best shmup ever

Cotton Boomerang Saturn - for my money the best in the Cotton series

DoDonPachi Saturn - Cave at their early best. also on PSX but 2nd player shares the same colour ship as 1 player, stupid!

Princess Crown Saturn - gorgeous action RPG from the makers of Odin Sphere and Muramasa

Twinkle Star Sprites Saturn - most fun 2 player shmup money can buy!

70's Robot Anime Geppy-X PSX - novel shmup with heaps of anime cutscenes between stages

Chippoke Ralph no Daibouken: The Adventure of little Ralph PSX - wonderful platformer in the vein of Castlevania. highly recommended

DonPachi PSX - first Cave shmup. getting old now but still great

Gradius Gaiden PSX - best Gradius title in the series imo

Kyuin PSX - charming shmup that is available on PSN iirc

Night Raid PSX - early shmup from Takumi, makers of Giga Wing series and Mars Matrix

Raiden DX PSX - basically a remixed Raiden II with Raiden Fighters Aces scoring system

Umihara Kawase Shun PSX - wonderful physics based platformer. released on Super Famicon, PSP and DS but I like this one the best

Zanac x Zanac PSX - contains both classic Zanac and updated remake of sorts in Zanac Neo. Compile so its awesome

Zero Gunner 2 Dreamcast - Helicopter shmup from Psikyo. good stuff

Under Defeat Dreamcast - another heli shmup but this is from G.Rev of Border Down fame

DoDonPachi Dai-Oujou PS2 - Awesome Cave shmup. chaining heaven

Espgaluda PS2 - Cave again. cool time manipulation mechanics, sequel to arcade only Esp ra.de.

Hokuto no Ken PS2 - great 2D fighter from Ark System Works set in the Fist of the North Star universe

Mushihimesama PS2 - another Cave favourite. PS2 port has weird filter but still perfectly playable

NiGHTS into Dreams... PS2 - Updated version of the Saturn classic. also comes with the original and Christmas NiGHTS!

Akai Katana Shin Xbox 360 - Hori shmup from Cave. actually not a port from the mid-90s for a change, SHOCK!

Bullet Soul: Tama Tamashii Xbox 360 - decent new shmup with a DoDonPachi sort of vibe. full of crap DLC though

Eschatos Xbox 360 - nice package that includes Judgement Silversword, Cardinal Sin and new game Eschatos. worth it for JSS & CS alone

Espgaluda II Black Label Xbox 360 - sequel to Espgaluda (Duh) with even more time manipulation shenanigans. a lot harder this time round

Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets Xbox 360 - great compilation of two of Cave's finest. Pork is awsome and Sweets is Hard as hell! thats why I stick with arrange mode

sorry for some of the big box shots. Everybody has probably heard of most of these but just thought I would put up a few of the ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

Comment

70's Robot Anime Geppy-X- never heard of that one, will have to investigate further.

Comment

Great post.
          I didn't like Zanac much, but the rest are awesome.

Comment

I didn't like Zanc either when I played it, may have to give it another chance some day.

Comment

Got to be Tokyo Bus Guide for the Dreamcast. That game's so theraputic it's unbelievable.

Comment

Once you get to grips with the gameplay yes, very! Until then it's quite frustrating though.

Comment

Seaman on the DC complete with Mic. It was a very weird sort of tamagotchi like game where you had to raise creatures who turned into Fish with Human heads. It came complete with Leonard Nimroy as the narrator. Strange doesn't even start to cover it... ^_^

Comment

Working...
                  X