Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite import exclusives (wallet damaging content warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Sky Gunner PS2.
    a lovely game, but the slow-down really hits it hard

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
      I found it to be a much easier game than Ouendan 1 and 2 were. I only unlocked the ladies on EBA, never managed it on either Ouendan.
      Lol, my mate says the same thing. I found the ouendan difficulty spot on. A nice challenge but fair. Playing EBA felt like playing Donkey Konga on an LCD TV!

Comment

Gradius Gaiden PS1...nuff said!

Comment

Still got love in my heart for this one -

Hopefully the XBLA version will be decent.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            Skygunner is a lovely game, but the slow-down really hits it hard
            I'm always said when people say this.

The slow down was intentional. There's a secret menu you can unlock which disables the slowdown and locks the frame rate. The slowdown helps with racking up massive combos later on, where you need to quickly change your aim while the combo meter is still rolling. If you're really into your chaining and high scores on big bosses like the fortress it's essential.

Nicked from gameFAQs
            Unlock Variable / Uniform Processing Mode (Frame Rate)

To unlock Variable / Uniform Processing Mode input the following command on the title screen:

Up, Triangle, Left, Circle, Down, X, Right, Square
            Last edited by Sketcz; 26-01-2011, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
              I'm always said when people say this.

The slow down was intentional. There's a secret menu you can unlock which disables the slowdown and locks the frame rate. The slowdown helps with racking up massive combos later on, where you need to quickly change your aim while the combo meter is still rolling. If you're really into your chaining and high scores on big bosses like the fortress it's essential.

Nicked from gameFAQs

ohh - didnt know that, interesting....

Comment

Lifeline.
                Dodge right, Shoot left eye, shoot red eye, SHOOT RED EYE!!!!!!!!
                Aieeeeeeee.
                I actually really enjoyed this game and it has a crazy story, the ending was like WTF?!

Chulip.
                Finally got a US release and ended up being a gamestop exclusive, good job

Gunvari Collection
                Just nice having all the point blanks in one package for PS2 with g-con 2 compatibility.

Drill Dozer/Screw Breaker
                Such a cool GBA game to play, still whip it out for a session now.

Comment

One of the fav fighters on PS1 gets a superb follow up. Loved the fighting system, very deep and the RPG elements sold it. Pity it never got a release outside Japan.

US and JP only follow up to Shutokou Battle Zero. Not quite as good but I have still completed it 3 times and it had a lot of extra road to race on. Lighting looked cool too.
                  Last edited by nakamura; 26-01-2011, 18:09.

Comment

Not the biggest Rhythm fan, but Taiko drum master and the DJ Max games on the PSP, are stunning. Amazing pieces of work.

Comment

Not my overall favorite, but since every other game I can think of has been already posted, here I go:

Tori no Hoshi: Aerial Planet, an interesting mix of flight and survival simulation by Nippon Ichi. First saw on Canned Dogs, hopelessy waited months for the announcement of a US version but then caved in and imported.

Comment

I think this thread is gonna be interesting for me..

To eBay!

Comment

Too many to mention for me, but Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 is the western version of Shutokou Battle 01.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                            Chulip.
                            Finally got a US release and ended up being a gamestop exclusive, good job
                            Just bought it as I'd never heard of it before and it looks amazing

Also seconded on Lifeline, I loved that game.

Comment

Kuru Kuru Paradise (GBA) - who thought guiding a spinning stick through mazes could be so much fun. I love this franchise - please resurrect on the 3DS.

Mawaru Made in Wario (Warioware Twisted!) GBA - the best version of Warioware in my opinion - I think Europe got shafted on health and safety grounds over this (if I recall), wasn't their some argument about the mercury which was in the cartridge?

Anyway it's an absolute blast!
                              Last edited by Miguel007; 26-01-2011, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                                Too many to mention for me, but Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 is the western version of Shutokou Battle 01.

I have that too! Cost me a couple of quid in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X