Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite import exclusives (wallet damaging content warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ganbare Goemon 2

Ganbare Goemon 3

Ganbare Goemon 4

Last edited by Goemon; 26-01-2011, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
      I think Europe got shafted on health and safety grounds over this (if I recall), wasn't their some argument about the mercury which was in the cartridge?
      Yup, the European Union didn't approve the tilt sensor as it used mercury. I remember the local Official Nintendo Magazine publishing the review twice, first when the game was nearing its first release date, then after four or so months when the game should have seen the "real" release.

Comment

Originally posted by Catmoo View Post
        Just bought it as I'd never heard of it before and it looks amazing

Also seconded on Lifeline, I loved that game.
        Ahhh Chulip
        It IS amazing and it's made by Yoshirou Kimura, the man who gave us Little Kings Story
        Never has kissing men/woman/boy/girls/weird onions/dinosaurs been so much WIN, more people must play this game!
        Little factoid he also worked on No More Heroes, in Chulip to save the game you have to goto a toilet, mind blown!

Comment

The Beatmania IIDX games easily! failing that maybe Xenogears as someone said before or the ps2 macross game.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Not my overall favorite, but since every other game I can think of has been already posted, here I go:

Tori no Hoshi: Aerial Planet, an interesting mix of flight and survival simulation by Nippon Ichi. First saw on Canned Dogs, hopelessy waited months for the announcement of a US version but then caved in and imported.
            Vids please.

Comment

Power Pro Kun Pocket 12

Yep I love baseball games!! Pro Kun Pocket games are handheld perfection.

Ok so the Jump games weren't perfect gameplay wise but the MASSIVE roster of anime characters is still enough for me to love it.

Comment

Any games from the Densha De Go! or Tokyo Bus Guide series.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                  Still need to pick myself up a copy of that. Is the box embossed like the SFC Mother 2?
                  Sure is!

Also, does this count as an import game? I mean, it was released on Virtual Console here, but with an "import tax". Anyway, it's great, but I've always found it a bit too short for an RPG.

Here's another good one for anyone who likes retro games:

Last edited by Big A2; 27-01-2011, 04:40.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Vids please.
                    Youtube is your best bet. Right now I don't have the time to record the game, edit the video and upload it somewhere.

Comment

SRW games of course! Although the OG ones have seen releases in North America, the ones which feature the likes of Macross, Evangelion and Mazinger have (and will) never see official releases.

Comment

Youtube is your best bet. Right now I don't have the time to record the game, edit the video and upload it somewhere.
                        I could only find intro vids on youtube, but screenshots I've found give a feel for it. Looks cool.

Comment

NTSC-uk has a review of Life Line on PS2 up at one point. But not anymore. What happened to it? Was it taken down? Why?

Not my overall favorite, but since every other game I can think of has been already posted, here I go:

Tori no Hoshi: Aerial Planet, an interesting mix of flight and survival simulation by Nippon Ichi. First saw on Canned Dogs, hopelessy waited months for the announcement of a US version but then caved in and imported.
                          I've been wanting to buy this game for years now. But the language barrier always puts me off at the last minute.

Years ago the InsertCredit forum had translations for the menus.

Comment

I have no recollection of a Life Line review. There's nothing in the database either (I checked the inactive ones too).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              I have no recollection of a Life Line review. There's nothing in the database either (I checked the inactive ones too).

Crumbs. I've clearly lost my mind then. Apologies for the confusion, good thing I wasn't a witness at a tax evasion trial or something!

Comment

Or it's all a massive cover up. Not quite sure what of though....

Comment

Working...
                                X