Play-Asia missing parcel - advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Right i know it's not hong kong post thats slow as i have just been proven right, i bought a game from ebay & the seller is in hong kong, that was 7 days ago & my game is now here. Yet 2 of my play asia orders from nearly 3 weeks ago are still in the post somewhere, i'm guessing that they have changed to some really budget postal sevice that delivers your mail on the back of snails or something
    Course not, HK post is great. My friend there gets all my JPN/Asian stuff for me and it takes, at most, 7 days.

My guess is that for orders using the cheap post, PA wait a week or two and send a load out at once. There's really no other explanation as to why, in 2011, a package from a big company can take months to arrive. Not even Royal Mail are as slow as PA!! (although I'm guessing they have some part to play in the lack of speed here).

Comment

Still waiting for Fast Strikers (DC) from PA, sent via airmail over a month ago. They've been very friendly about it; but reading this thread has made me rather depressed.

Recently I've been getting stuff from them sent via EMS, but it's stupidly expensive, and the last delivery had a £23 customs charge whacked on top of it. I've never understood why goods which aren't available for sale over here, which I can't get anywhere else, and which are for my own use, should be subject to import taxation... It feels like I've been gouged by the government.

Comment

Had a game arrive yesterday from PA via cheapy post. "Only" took 13 days to arrive, a marked improvement from my last few orders.

Comment

I fully agree with what you say gordon as it doesn't even make much sense considering games for example are more expensive than they are over here. But then again I never understood customs rules too well so can't really make an informed opinion.

Still waiting for my DD:R Limited edition from Play Asia too but it's only been a week for me. I would be happy for it to arrive with no problems but hope those of you waiting get your items too.

Comment

I'm getting absolutely nowhere with them. Probably easier if I just post the last few emails I've received from them. I've mentioned that I will pursue this with the bank as a fraudulent transaction. Let's see if that does anything.
            If anyone wants to see the full transcript of this, then I'll send a copy over PM

(Keep in in mind that I've already waited 2 months for their so called "investigation")

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

Since we haven't received the claim from the post office. We regret we cannot refund to your credit card account. Please note it has already been a special arrangement for you as we are compensating at our own cost first. ****STORE CREDIT ONLY OFFERED****
            If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
            Best regards,

When we receive the claim from the post office, we can refund to your
            credit card account. In fact, our local post office hasn't confirmed the loss yet.
            Best regards,

In fact, the insurance is provided by the post office. Once we have handed the order to the post office, they are responsible for it. In the past, we only reship or refund after receiving the claim letter from the post office. After consideration of your case, we have already decided to
            refund in the form of store credit at our company's cost first. We still need to take a risk that the post office would not refund us in the future. We regret we cannot refund the money to you.
            Best regards,

If we don't take any responsibilities, we can just let the post office to refund you but not offering any options of reshipment or store credit to you first. Please note it is the post office who cannot deliver your order. We have handed the order to them successfully. Your order is insured by the post office but not us. We hope you understand this point. You pay the shipping cost to us and then we give that amount to the post office. In fact, you pay for the post office not us. Our Shipping Department has urged the post office to confirm the loss and issue the compensation as soon as possible. If there are any news, we would inform you.
            Best regards,

If anyone wants to see the full transcript of these, then I'll send a copy over PM

Comment

Thats pretty **** Shiffy, sounds like they just plain old dont want to give your cash back. It's not like your going to want to order again after been messed around so much so why on earth would you want a credit note. Plus credit notes can't be refunded & they have a use by date so if you use one on an order & it is cancelled on you, your stuffed.

Over xmas i paid to get ninokuni sent by fedex as thre was no way i was going to trust regular post with that. I asked them to mark it waaaaaaaaay down & to be fair they did so when i got the fedex bill it wasnt that bad i think it was like £14. Might have to start ordering in bulk with games im after then getting them to mark it right down so the fedex bill isn't too bad. Waiting nearly a month at a time isn't an option.
              Last edited by importaku; 26-02-2011, 00:04.

Comment

exactly the reason I use paypal with orders from them.

when my arkanoid ds disappeared they tried the same rubbish but a quick paypal dispute later and I have my money back. need to do it within 40 odd days tho so all that 'give us 600 months to investgate' can get to fook!!

Comment

I'm on 35 days now - would you recommend just opening a dispute in Paypal, then?

[edit] Gone and done that anyway. Best to be on the safe side.
                  Last edited by gordon; 26-02-2011, 12:45.

Comment

Working...
                  X