User Tag List

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by randombs View Post
    It is unfortunate, because you may very well become a proficient programmer very quickly. I'm bad at studying by myself, but I'm a quick learner. In fact, I reckon you probably could become pretty decent.

Do you know anyone who also wants to start programming? Maybe you could team up and try one of the free courses/videos together.
    I don’t know anyone who knows programming, let alone anyone people who don’t but who want to, TBH. I realise that might ‘work’ as an idea, but I’m not exactly going to be able to meet up with people at the moment. And I wouldn’t know how to link up with people in that situation.

Edit: people here utterly unhelpful
    Last edited by Protocol Penguin; 02-11-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Hmm, after dozens of responses from myself and others doing the same, that is your response to what I said?

With your attitude you will have to do menial jobs all your life.
    Last edited by cutmymilk; 02-11-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
    I don’t know anyone who knows programming, let alone anyone people who don’t but who want to, TBH. I realise that might ‘work’ as an idea, but I’m not exactly going to be able to meet up with people at the moment. And I wouldn’t know how to link up with people in that situation.
    Jesus Christ.

Your attitude to people on here stinks, as does your sense of entitlement.

You want someone to upload programming skills into your head like when Tank gave Neo kung-fu skills in The Matrix, but you won't even look at the goop that Dozer handed you - which contains everything the body needs - because it reminds you of Tasty Wheat and doesn't taste like the juicy steak that Cypher was eating when conspiring with Agent Smith in that fancy restaurant.

You remind me of that loony on here a while back who was complaining that companies wouldn't take him on for free to learn IT on the job.

I'll just leave this here and bid thee farewell:

If you want to be successful in software development, you have to be able to self-learn. It's constantly changing and there aren't many companies about that are going to send you on a course every time a new API comes along or changes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - you have to put the time in to keep your skills up-to-date - that means self-learning. If you're not prepared to do that, you will not succeed at this job. Applicants wouldn't get past the 1st round interviews at my firm without being able, prepared and wanting to do this.
    Last edited by MartyG; 02-11-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
    “**** you, got mine” isn’t a constructive attitude. I’ve had enough of people boasting about their perceived abilities. That doesn’t help anyone.
    No one's boasting and to be honest I've had just about enough of your whining in this thread. Please don't post in here anymore; it's not helping anyone and it's bringing the vibe right down. In case that's not clear that's an instruction not a request. This forum software doesn't have a way to ban someone from a topic so our only recourse if you continue to try to post in here will be a more general ban.
    Last edited by Brad; 02-11-2020 at 04:02 PM.

I'm building a Perfect Dark clone in Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    I'm building a Perfect Dark clone in Unity.
    How's that work?

I'm scared to even google Unity, although it was an option when I installed Visual Studio.

Right now I'm trying to create a Jason parser that will take the Jason file Skype gave me so I can organise my Japanese lessons into a better format than speech bubbles. I've already tried Skype's own parser and it's just a web page with boxes of text.

You best believe I'll be adding an option to press X to JASON

var obj = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<T>(json);

there you go. I'm assuming you mean JSON rather than his deformed brother.

Quote Originally Posted by randombs View Post
    How's that work?
    I honestly don't know, yet. I'm working it out gradually. I like what the BallisticNG dev did for his Wipeout love letter, so why not have a dabble?

I'm just sick of hopelessly waiting for a new game which uses the Goldeneye engine. The plan is to get a proof of concept working and then try pitching it to someone.