Grand Theft Auto V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
    Am I the only one who wants a GTA game set outside of America?
    No. Would love a different setting.

Uk? Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      No. Would love a different setting.

Uk? Russia?
      London would be good. Start of as a member of a firm for a footy club, work up to night clubs, Run a snooker hall etc etc.

It would be good to play an London gangster story but I reckon we have seen it too many times on TV.

What about Brazil?

Comment

I reckon it'll go china or Japan next time

Comment

GTA: Hong Kong.

Comment

If not Vice City, another vote for London, somewhere in the UK! Speaking as a pretty massive fan of The Getaway, I feel pretty surprised that nobody's attempted to make another UK-based free roamer (yes, I know there was a sequel to The Getaway, but it was pretty rubbish).

Imagine if they kind of condensed London, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, even Leeds(!) into a slightly condensed version of our sceptred isle, like a grey San Andreas, it'd be ace. (Funny, when writing this with such enthusiastic vim, my joy juices a-flowing, I get some vague inner voice hinting to me that I will be perceived as some foaming retard, some kind of inane f*ckstick, though it'll probably be an apt summation.)

I mean, there are several free roaming games that feature hot countries as their gameworld, Just Cause, Mercenaries for instance, but I can't think of any this gen that feature 'The British Experience', I would lactate if such a game appeared.

Failing that, I want the neon haze and glitz of Vice City back, it'd be a perfect counterpoint to GTAIV's grittiness (Gay Tony didn't quite do it as well as I hoped).

Comment

Naturally I'd love to see one set in Australia, but aren't the developers based in Scotland? surely a GTA set somewhere in the UK makes sense.

Comment

Yeh they're in Edinburgh so I always thought we'd see a GTA set there down the line sometime. But it wouldn't appeal to everyone, they'd have to go for some big glamourous place.

Comment

I definately wouldn't want London, it's a go awful setting that's been milked already by other games. LA is generally, if true, a surprisingly dull and predictable choice by Rockstar as it's also been done a lot without ever really working. If only to evoke the playground memories of GTA3 I'd prefer San Francisco with it's water front, alcatraz and hilly jumps

Comment

If it was in the UK then London is pretty much the only option. They can't just go for provincial appeal when they cost so much to make. Has to be something that Americans can at least relate to as they're the bigger market.

Comment

GTAV: Bath.

I'd buy it. It would be pretty.

Comment

GTA: Yorkshire

Comment

GTA San Andreas was my fave too. The overnight drive from LA to SF in The Truth's camper van with Freebird on the radio was one of the most cinematic moments in gaming for me. And the vastness of the landscape made the game feel huge, almost infinite. I think the series belongs in America; it's got the right cars, the cinematic locations, the scale, everything. A UK based installment simply wouldn't sit right for me ... I want to play in the world of Gran Torino, not Harry Brown. GTAIV was the next-gen GTAIII ... with that foundation in place hopefully the more ambitious installments like SA are on the cards.
                          Last edited by Atticus; 09-03-2011, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            GTAIV was the next-gen GTAIII
                            How dare you sir, how dare you

Comment

Yeah, GTA is an "American game" (even though it's made by British) for me too. It has always been a satirical, imagination version of the United States and I feel that's what it should be in the future also. It's also financially the most obvious choice no doubt.

We've talked about the location, but how about the time period, people? Personally I would love to see late 60's/early 70's Los Santos, listening to the Doors or some other amazing music while driving down the beach with a beautiful sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                                How dare you sir, how dare you

Comment

Working...
                                X