No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked GTA IV but thought some of the missions were a bit long and tiresome. I loved the Ballad of Gay Tony, some great fun stuff n new weapons especially the one that collapses cars. Thought Lost and the Damned was very uninspiring only played a 1/4 of it as I find it so run of the mill.

I hope GTA: V has realism but some unrealistic stuff too, a mix between GTA: IV and GTA:BOGT . I think New York is the best place for it to be set maybe they could put two cities in one game with LA too or an expansion of sorts in DLC.
    Last edited by JU!; 09-03-2011, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
      I liked GTA IV but thought some of the missions were a bit long and tiresome.
      Yeah, there's too many similar missions in IV where you have to drive someplace and shoot a lot of dudes. In fact most of the missions are probably that.

Thought Lost and the Damned was very uninspiring only played a 1/4 of it as I find it so run of the mill.
      Personally I really enjoyed TL&D with it's biker gangs, characters and just riding your chopper listening to Liberty Rock Radio with your gang. Gay Tony had better missions, but TL&D had probably my favourite characters and "vibe" in GTAIV.

I think New York is the best place for it to be set maybe they could put two cities in one game with LA too or an expansion of sorts in DLC.
      But... Liberty City = New York City already, why would you want the same city again? I don't think it's reasonable to expect two cities the size and detail of LC in one game, that would require massive amounts of work, time and money. Also, entire new city as mere DLC doesn't sound even remotely possible to me, I think you underestimate the amount of work required.

Comment

Team Bondi says that Rockstar is looking at using LA Noire's face tech with GTAV. If they do decide to use they might as well put a gun to the franchise's head and pull the trigger. Impressive though it was it's hugely unsuited to GTA's style
        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-07-2011, 08:24. Reason: Removing teh s3xy c0splay

Comment

Surely the face tech is suited to any game with...er, faces?

Comment

Hmmm, Im not so sure. From what I've seen from La Noire (I havent played it) they'ed used it to add a film like quality to the game. My thought has always been Rockstar have been moving more closer to this type of GTA with every version of the game ever since Vice City. I was impressed with the set pieces and script from that game but they've continued to build upon that aspect IMHO.

I think this face capture shizznit could be a good thing for the franchise. I always felt the cutscenes were quite serious in tone but the actual missions were where the GTA humour all kicked in properly.

Comment

That's why it would kill it for me, the cinematic stylings are hung on the GTA games but they're exaggerated and stylised with the characters always looking like hyper real caricatures which fits the OTT gameplay and scenario's in the game. Making GTA realistic is like making a cartoon styled Heavy Rain etc, it just doesn't fit the series style. The more grounded style of GTA4 sucked the fun out as it was without going further with it. Big a success as GTA4 was I reckon it speaks volumes that nearly 4 years on most aren't screaming for 5, would have been different during the PS2 era

Comment

Why does the link crazytaxinext gave, show a picture of a hot Wonder Woman cosplayer?

Not that I mind.

I don't want L.A. Noire face tech in GTA either. I don't think it suits the series at all.
                Last edited by Guts; 26-07-2011, 08:14.

Comment

Give it a chance guys, they could still go for cartoonish and not go super hyper realism turboX grand master edition shizz. We havent even seen a screenshot or vid clip yet FFS! LOL

to be honest, I rate anyone with enough stamina to clock a GTA game these days. I've played them all but after investing about 20-30 hours into I do get a bit exhausted with it. Im more bothered about gameplay mechanics, it has always felt too clunky for me, not slick and smooth like GOW (which is by no means perfection anyway).
                  Last edited by bash; 26-07-2011, 08:22.

Comment

I quite like the GTA series going grim and realistic. If you want the wacky hijinks there's Saints Row for that, and I think there's room for both rather than each trying to be the other.

Comment

Fixed the link now, lol. Thing is, if they aren't going for high realism the tech is useless. Better they focus on just getting it done with the fixes the last game needed, especially after this long. GTA5 needs to be amazing after how much their own Red Dead outclassed it.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                        to be honest, I rate anyone with enough stamina to clock a GTA game these days. I've played them all but after investing about 20-30 hours into I do get a bit exhausted with it. Im more bothered about gameplay mechanics, it has always felt too clunky for me, not slick and smooth like GOW (which is by no means perfection anyway).
                        I've finished GTAIV three times, The Lost & Damned four times and Ballad of Gay Tony two times.

Comment

If they just improve on the lip synching then it'll all have been worthwhile

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                            I've finished GTAIV three times, The Lost & Damned four times and Ballad of Gay Tony two times.
                            o m g

W T FARK? lol

As I understand it TL&D and TBOGT are a lot shorter than GTA4 . . . . so . . . . 3 times?!?!?!

I doth my caps to yous sirs

Comment

Hahaha, I guess I just really liked GTAIV. The DLC episodes are much shorter than the main game yes, but they still provide about the same amount of gameplay as many short full-priced games (5-10 hours each).

Comment

Ah... but Gatsu, did you get all the secret packages / pigeons etc without cheating

Comment

Working...
                                X