Grand Theft Auto V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Theft Auto V

Seems to be gaining some evidence and given the 4 year gap since 4 it's reasonable to expect it's not far off. I'm hoping Red Dead and the upcoming LA Noire are a clue to the direction of the series quality levels rather than the (imo) very disappointing last game. Hints seem to point towards Los Santos as the location which potentially could also prove quite dull given it didn't stand out in San Andreas and if at all like the real LA will prove very flat, featureless and sprawling like LA does in all games.

Yes, Los Santos was one of the least interesting locations in GTA and, if they continue down the route they took in GTAIV (making the location more real than fun), it could be worse in GTAV. I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt though - the location isn't confirmed and Gay Tony seemed to bring a lot of the fun back to GTA so maybe they see they need it.

Comment

I'm probably one of the few people that really liked the more gritty setting for 4. Of course, I liked both of the add-ons too, and I've bought every one of these so far so I don't see that changing this time round.

Comment

I really enjoyed IV too (except its ending). The only one I've ever actually bothered to finish.

Comment

I don’t agree that Los Santos was the least interesting location in the GTA series.

I always found the scale mixed with the diversity of the environments to be one of the best worlds in the PS2 era of games. The low sun glinting off every building, underpasses hiding a great escape route, vistas stretching off far into the distance and dirt roads winding off into the countryside. San Andreas is my favourite of all the GTA games.

Vide City was great but I found the 1980’s nostalgia to be the supporting pillar of that world and the dour setting of 3 & 4 were good but not evocative enough. San Andreas was a good setting but the scale and design of the world was the best in the series.

Comment

Well you have to remember that Los Santos was only one part of the San Andreas game.

Comment

True, I think their were 4 cities in the state?

Comment

If I remember correctly, it was three plus a whole lot of countryside. And Los Santos was the flattest of the lot.

The countryside in San Andreas was great fun for driving, something I felt was missing in GTAIV - when you choose to take a taxi over driving in a game that is mostly driving, that's an indicator something just isn't quite right. It would be great if we got a bit of the countryside in the new one.

Comment

3 in San Andreas but the surrounding areas could have easily held a few more. Now, a current gen version of the whole state would be another matter entirely. As long as it re-emphasises fun over dull mafia tale ambitions and fixes the bad changes they made to the driving model and camera then it should lift itself up. However, the GTA series has a habit of not learning from what works in Rockstars other franchises.

Comment

I liked the fourth but the sheer volume of bugs/glitches I found in the PS3 and PC versions (the worst port I have ever had the misfortune to play) was disgusting.

Also, when you ?support? a game with mandatory patches, the idea isn?t to create more issues. Rockstar added a stuttering problem to the pc version that makes the game unplayable - and when I say unplayable, I mean absolutely ****** unplayable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYW5gdFo16w - 50 seconds in.

Comment

Not to go off topic but I played the PC version recently and it looked fantastic and ran really well. This is off Steam so it is fully patched. This is my second time through GTA4 and if your rig can handle it, I'd say it is the best version.

I turned the auto video capture thing off but that's the only thing that gave me any performance problems.

Anyway, I'd love to see them tackle a California type environment again, can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        Anyway, I'd love to see them tackle a California type environment again, can't wait!
                        Same here, Los Santos getting a current gen make-over like Liberty City did in GTAIV would be very cool indeed, it would also serve as a nice contrast to rainy, grim and grey LC. Bring it on, Rockstar, I for one cannot wait, I own and have finished every GTA game since GTAIII on the Xbox, GTAV is probably my most anticipated game.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                          Not to go off topic but I played the PC version recently and it looked fantastic and ran really well. This is off Steam so it is fully patched. This is my second time through GTA4 and if your rig can handle it, I'd say it is the best version.
                          Some of those graphics mods make it look pretty amazing, almost makes me wish I had a gaming PC seeing this.

Comment

Where's that bloke who whipped the GTAIV thread into a frenzy? His services are required.

Comment

Am I the only one who wants a GTA game set outside of America?

Comment

Working...
                              X