No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockstar are to officially release the fan made patch which dramatically cuts GTA Online load times

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ine-load-times
      Rockstar are to officially release the fan made patch which dramatically cuts GTA Online load times
      PC only though.

Comment

Grand Theft Auto 5 PS5 and Xbox Series X release date set for November
        The standalone GTA Online client will be free on PS5 for 3 months

"Rockstar Games snuck the announcement of the November 11 release date into the tail end of a post about upcoming plans for GTA Online and Red Dead Online updates. Speaking of which, Rockstar still plans to make the standalone version of GTA Online available free on PS5 for the first three months after launch; Xbox Series X and S players can play too, they'll just have to pay up for either the standalone version of GTA Online or all of GTA 5.

Rockstar is calling GTA 5's new-gen version "expanded and enhanced" with some new features - and while it's not revealing all the details yet, it is teasing that the summer updates to GTA Online "will include special benefits" for players to take advantage of once the new-gen versions arrive in November. Don't bet on it, but we can always hope that we'll see some of that long-ago-teased but since forgotten single player DLC in this new version as well.

Once the new-gen-native versions of GTA 5 arrive in November, it will officially be the game's third console generation, or maybe third and a half if you count PC: GTA 5 was originally released for PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2013, then came to PS4 and Xbox One in 2014, and then finally came to PC in 2015."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Grand Theft Auto 5 PS5 and Xbox Series X release date set for November
          The standalone GTA Online client will be free on PS5 for 3 months

"Rockstar Games snuck the announcement of the November 11 release date into the tail end of a post about upcoming plans for GTA Online and Red Dead Online updates. Speaking of which, Rockstar still plans to make the standalone version of GTA Online available free on PS5 for the first three months after launch; Xbox Series X and S players can play too, they'll just have to pay up for either the standalone version of GTA Online or all of GTA 5.

Rockstar is calling GTA 5's new-gen version "expanded and enhanced" with some new features - and while it's not revealing all the details yet, it is teasing that the summer updates to GTA Online "will include special benefits" for players to take advantage of once the new-gen versions arrive in November. Don't bet on it, but we can always hope that we'll see some of that long-ago-teased but since forgotten single player DLC in this new version as well.

Once the new-gen-native versions of GTA 5 arrive in November, it will officially be the game's third console generation, or maybe third and a half if you count PC: GTA 5 was originally released for PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2013, then came to PS4 and Xbox One in 2014, and then finally came to PC in 2015."
          It's a no from me...

Comment

Comment

Rockstar have become a poster-child for how live-service gaming genuinely can kill potential games. Rockstar used to release several games a year; I think they've only released 2 games in the last decade.

Comment

It's depressing that Take Two plans on releasing a lot of titles in the next two years and so people are now anticipating GTA6 has to be out soon yet the time spent on the next-gen GTA5's and Online and their release windows would suggest the opposite. They're not going to release them just to release a replacement a few months later. Might as well write off at least half a gen again already, more if RDR2 also gets upgraded later too.

Comment

Ill be right in line to buys a next gen version of RDR2 to be honest, yes i hate myself, still buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Rockstar have become a poster-child for how live-service gaming genuinely can kill potential games. Rockstar used to release several games a year; I think they've only released 2 games in the last decade.
                    Yeah isn't that just the case. I don't know why people don't complain when a new service game is announced. If Halo Infinite is successful are people really going to be happy playing it for the next 3 generations?
                    It makes perfect sense for a developer, why spend money making anything new. But as a gamer it's terrible.

Comment

I think some games might be so expensive to make they need to have the legs to cross generations. I don't play GTA beyond the basic campaign but all the online stuff sounds incredible. It's good they use what they've created for new experiences. And how many video game worlds are as impressive as GTAVs? How can they possibly make a new one of those every few years?

Comment

I do wonder how many people play GTAO less because they love it and more because of the lack of a follow up. It's a crushing shame there isn't a viable alternative on the market, that'd snap them back on focus.

Thing is, GTAO at this point is a bit like Warzone. The resources required to maintain it are small by comparison so it would be much better if GTAO's follow up was completely separate from GTA6 so Rockstar could independently maintain it across generations and a focused team work on sp titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Yeah isn't that just the case. I don't know why people don't complain when a new service game is announced. If Halo Infinite is successful are people really going to be happy playing it for the next 3 generations?
                          It makes perfect sense for a developer, why spend money making anything new. But as a gamer it's terrible.
                          The thing is, I don't hate service games for what they are. This is the only thing I dislike about them on a conceptual level (putting aside how some games have ****ty monetisation practices).

Rockstar probably look at it from another perspective; people love their game, absolutely love it, ****ing creaming themselves over loving it so much and they're paying tons of money to keep it going. Why would they do anything else?

Comment

It's a shame that people love the likes of GTA so much yet are willing to support it in its poorest form to the level that it actively stops them recieving a new entry which is probably what they'd most want.

Comment

I have had blue balls for GTA 6 and TES 6 for a decade. It would be nice if Rockstar did release other games at least. Like they did Bully, Manhunt, Midnight Club etc. Table Tennis. It would be cool to see something interesting from them on a smaller scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                It's depressing that Take Two plans on releasing a lot of titles in the next two years and so people are now anticipating GTA6 has to be out soon yet the time spent on the next-gen GTA5's and Online and their release windows would suggest the opposite. They're not going to release them just to release a replacement a few months later. Might as well write off at least half a gen again already, more if RDR2 also gets upgraded later too.
                                Yeah definitely. GTA6 is now at least 5 years away. They'll milk this cow on next gen first. Hell, it might not even make this gen.

Comment

Working...
                                X