Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, fair enough.

Comment

Well it didn't look cheep or poorly acted to me, in fact it is a rather brilliant adaptation of the book. I could have watched the whole thing tonight if given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
        Well it didn't look cheep or poorly acted to me, in fact it is a rather brilliant adaptation of the book. I could have watched the whole thing tonight if given the chance.
        I just watched it and absolubtley agree, brilliant in every way.

Its as well shot and as visualy extravagant as the biggest budget fantasy films and the acting was brilliant, especialy from Sean Bean and the increadabley hot (and increadbley blonde) girl who I cant remember the name of.

I havent read the books but it seems to have some truley great characters and the story is already getting interesting afer this very first episode.

I loved the opening with the undead creature things and the twist at the end was both shocking and completely changed my opinion of one of the characters from what i first thought of them.

It wasnt as slow moving as Id thought either, espeically considering the amount of important characters that it had to introduce.

Just an absolubtley stunning hour of TV.

Comment

I watched the preview of the show. It looked really good, very well shot and interesting. With a good cast. Nice to hear some good opinions. Really looking forward to the first episode now...

Comment

Just finished watching it. Never read the books, but the show has got me wanting to pick them up. I thought it was fantastic.

Comment

Missed it ??

Is it repeated at all?

Comment

Yeah on your fav torrent sight.... Oh wait. ;P

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                  Missed it ??

Is it repeated at all?
                  Its on about 12.30 tonight I think, at least thats when my Sky+ thinks its on.

Comment

So I recorded this, but I also want to read the book. I'd much prefer to be fresh for the book as opposed to the TV series though - is it really going to follow the book that closely do we know? I'm thinking I'll just store up the episodes and read the book next to be safe.

EDIT: Blimey, this'll be the first Kindle book I've actually paid book prices for. Better be of better quality than some of the free/cheap stuff I've been reading recently.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the books, read them twice but it's been a while. 1st episode seemed to stick pretty closely to the the book and I enjoyed it. It'll be interesting to see if they've include all the side characters and details as the books are immense (around 1000 pages per book).

It does get very interesting further in and there's gonna be plenty of shocks. I really hope Martin will eventually get round to finnishing the books though as a conclusion still seems a long way off.

Anyone read his short stories about the characters Dunk and Egg? It's set 100 years before Game of Thrones when the Tarygyrens were still in Power.

Comment

I really liked this, know nothing of the books so came to it totally cold and loved the whole world it setup and high production values.

Way too early to call it a classic or anything like that but I'm looking forward to the next bit and its grabbed me more immediately than Treme or Boardwalk Empire.

Comment

My opinion as someone who started reading the books at the turn of the year, and is about to finish the latest one: read the books first.

The show is pretty faithful to it all and doesn't really leave you disappointed, but I wouldn't want to be watching this without full background knowledge. For starters, the wolves were really glossed over in the opening episode and they are a very important part of it imo. We didn't even hear their names. The pups looked wolfish enough at the start but then they seemed to turn into some kind of show dog with chihuahua ears. Couldn't they have got husky pups or something?

Other minor geeky observations - the Dothraki Sea was shown as an actual sea... probably due to location problems but it's a pity we couldn't have seen the endless grass plains described in the book. That and the Dothraki are supposed to hate and fear the actual ocean.

They bumped up the ages of all the Stark boys, probably for the best cos obnoxious little kids acting like heroes would be hard to take.

Tyrion was a dwarf alright but he wasn't really ugly. Cersei wasn't particularly beautiful either. And Viserys was nowhere near as malicious in the show as he should have been.

Biggest irk: they renamed the Others to 'White Walkers'. No doubt Lost is to blame for that one, but it won't be the same never getting to hear "The Others take your _______"

Comment

I'm reading the first as we speak, not very far into it at the moment though. Hopefully I don't get too far behind on the TV series, or I'll probably just delete it from Sky+ like I do almost everything else I record.

Comment

Forgot to add, the people who did the casting deserve extra credit for finding such a punchable-faced child to play Joffrey

Comment

Holy Crap what a great 2nd episode. The dialogue in this is exquisite. Tyrion Lannister is fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X