Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    I bet you love Adam Sandler James Corden too.
    I like him, and I've said so quite a few times on here.

In short, my ignorance of various story-based minutiae meant I could enjoy the ending of GoT with nothing to complain about so I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      I like him, and I've said so quite a few times on here.

In short, my ignorance of various story-based minutiae meant I could enjoy the ending of GoT with nothing to complain about so I'm happy.

I am kidding Billy Did you watch the show over many years or have a binge in the last couple of years?

I guess disappointed fans can just wait for the books, to have the ending they want (or don't want):

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        I bet you love Adam Sandler James Corden too.
        Whoa, let's not say stuff we can't take back!

As for me, from the episode...

I think it ended as well as it possibly could, given where it landed in the last episode.

I think the Bran thing came out of left field, and Tyrion convincing them all to try a system of voting for king kinda sprang from nowhere too, even though I think it was a good ending on paper.

All in all I'm kinda glad it has finished, even if I wasn't too enamoured with this last season. Endings are difficult; in my opinion few running-story shows end genuinely well.

Comment

HBO is reportedly about to hand out a pilot order for a second prequel to its epic fantasy saga “Game of Thrones” which was based on the “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels by George R.R. Martin. The new take will be based on Martin’s ‘history’ book “Fire and Blood” and is set three […]

Game of Thrones is getting a second spin-off by the looks as HBO moves towards producing a second spin-off. The new show would also be a prequel charting the beginning of the end for House Targaryen - so presumably something like Downton Abbey with bewbs and dragons.

Comment

They really soured the teet with those last 2 seasons. How GoT and Star Wars have caused this much fatigue is beyond me.

Comment

Season 8 was so **** I'm not interested in anything else from this saga.

Comment

Yup. Done. Out. Finito. Utter garbage in the end.

Comment

HBO is reportedly developing a new trio of “Game of Thrones” prequel spin-off series to go alongside the already cast “House of the Dragon”. “Rome” co-creator Bruno Heller is attached to the first which is deciding between either “9 Voyages” or “Sea Snake” as the title. The series will center on Westeros’ most famous nautical […]

You wanted a second Game of Thrones spin-off? No? Oh. Well how about a grand total of four spin-offs from the original now being worked on.

In addition to House of the Dragon there's also three more with one which may be called either Nine Voyages or Sea Snake and focuses on Westeros' most famous nautical voyager. The second is called Flea Bottom and the third 10,000 Ships.

I haven't read the book but considering how long all the many spin-off projects have been worked on the idea of them fixatedly being prequels always comes across as weak and every single one has also sounded dull as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.darkhorizons.com/three-m...n-offs-coming/
                    You wanted a second Game of Thrones spin-off? No? Oh. Well how about a grand total of four spin-offs from the original now being worked on.

In addition to House of the Dragon there's also three more with one which may be called either Nine Voyages or Sea Snake and focuses on Westeros' most famous nautical voyager. The second is called Flea Bottom and the third 10,000 Ships.

I haven't read the book but considering how long all the many spin-off projects have been worked on the idea of them fixatedly being prequels always comes across as weak and every single one has also sounded dull as hell.
                    Well the original series turned to **** once it ran out of books, so these spin offs, with no books to base itself, don't have much pull for me.

Comment

Final season really really killed the whole show for me and even my wife who was a big fan after that final season never goes back to watch older episodes

Comment

Totally agree with the previous comments. Amazing show until it went beyond the books ... it finished so poorly it tarnished the whole legacy of a show that was once outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                          Final season really really killed the whole show for me and even my wife who was a big fan after that final season never goes back to watch older episodes
                          Its better to watch certain key episodes that show the series at its best (acting, development and the scale of the battles/fights are rarely bettered in TV). I can only imagine rewatching the series from the start being a slog knowing where it ends up (part of the joy of GoT was not knowing what would happen where).

It peaked near the end of season 3/season 4 and remained strong until the end of season 6 (Battle of the Bastards is still one of the best on-screen battles). After that it started to show its decline even though the production values were still very high and it was generally entraining.

Oh well, it was probably the top TV series of the 2010s but its time to move on and see what's worth watching now (I keep hearing/seeing that the Marvel efforts and Mandalorian on Disney+ would be a good start).

Comment

HBO has premiered the first photos from “House of the Dragon,” the upcoming prequel spin-off of its famed fantasy series “Game of Thrones”. The photos show much of the main cast including Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower, Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower, and […]

The first images from House of Dragons, personally they could be from anywhere in the main show they're so depressingly familiar looking.

Comment

If you can still bring yourself to care about the franchise:

Comment

I can't

Comment

Working...
                                X