Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Not likely, if you remember back to their camp chat Robert gives Ned some stick about Jon's mum having big tits.

The common theory is that

Jon is the bastard son of Rheagar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned would have had to have kept Jon's identity top secret or else Robert would have had him murdered, and likely broken all ties with the Starks. Even Baelish pulled a funny face when Sansa spoke about Rheagar taking Lyanna and raping her, which is actually a load of bullcrap as they were indeed secretly lovers.
    Oh crap:

What of Jon is half-Targaryen, how are they going to burn his body to stop him from becoming a wight?

Comment

There is an interesting theory here - http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/jon-s...f-thrones.html

In the various cultures of Game of Thrones, there is a common legend of a lone hero who stopped the first invasion of the White Walkers with the help of a magical blade — and, crucially, he's going to rise again. Melisandre in the show calls him the Lord's Chosen, some characters call him the Prince Who Was Promised, and others call him Azor Ahai, but most fans assume they are all the same person. There are a number of prophecies about how this guy's going to come back and save the day, and, being prophecies, they point to a very-specific-yet-vaguely-worded set of circumstances that must be fulfilled in order for him to return: This hero must be the blood of the dragon, there must be a "bleeding star" in the sky, and he must be reborn amid smoke and salt.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
        That wasn't apparently Lana Headey's

body used in the walk of shame scene. She has said she was pregnant at the time.

I did think at the time the body didn't really match the head/figure. I thought the length of that scene was well done ie as the walk went on the crowd turned on her more and more etc. She played the part really well too. Oh and she looked much better with short hair!

Comment

This has changed an awful lot from the books now. While they did need to slim it down it did ruin some sections like

Stannis's march on Winterfell for instance which was a rush job to get rid of him and the omission of events occurring in Winterfell such as those leading up to Theon's escape and the infiltration. The ending leading up to Jon's betrayal was more interesting and handled with more emotion.

Daenerys

leaving on her dragon made more sense in the book since the dragon was the source of danger to the people and she was trying to get him away from them before there was an all out fight. There was no attack by the sons of the Harpy at that point. The Unsullied are not portrayed right either considering their strength, training and single mindedness.

Dorne was cut down drastically and seemed a bit pointless in the TV series. Also when they were going through the list of characters that had died on Thronecast I was surprised at how many of them were still alive in the books.

Many characters had to be omitted to keep within their constraints. There was an important cliffhanger at the end of the last book that didn't take place because a certain somebody didn't turn up and join the Brotherhood (remember them?). The events in the Iron Islands were removed entirely too unless their going to feature in the next series.

Having said that changes were necessary as the books have grown out of Martin's control and the last two which the last 2 or 3 seasons were based on are the most criticized of the lot. One good change was the scene at Hardholme. That was the highlight of this series and it didn't happen like that in the book.
          Last edited by Shoju; 27-06-2015, 17:47.

Comment

Just watched episode 10 and certainly felt like an interesting way to end the season.

I wonder what directions they'll go with the next season if it's caught up with the books now?Certain characters such as Arya/Sansa have seen good growth and there's potential for them to become even more prominent as the show continues.

I still hope they bring the programme to a close before it overstays it's welcome. Despite how good it is all good things should end at the right time.

Comment

Just hours after the announcement of an April 24th premiere for the sixth season of its big-budget fantasy drama “Game of Thrones,” HBO programming president Michael Lombardo revealed that the network is about to lock in the future of the series. A formal announcement is expected to come shortly but the deal is almost done […]

Season 6 has been confirmed to start of April 24th. The network is expected to announce a two season renewal shortly, taking the show up to Season 8. I'm hoping that it's so they can plan out the ending in advance as now that they're ahead of the books there's the real risk they drag things out for ratings rather than finish without a significant downturn.

Comment

Weirdly, I've went into this time of year excited to hear details about the upcoming series for each prior one - but not this time. I felt that the last season was a real downturn for me.

I felt the bit with the white walkers in the north was terrific, but the rest of the season was mostly "miss".

I can't help but feel that the characters didn't accomplish much throughout the entire season.

Comment

I agree. Without reading your spoiler, the way they ended last series was a step too far for me, both in diversion from the books and just a general low point in the story.

All in all, as its caught up with the books but also gone a different path, I've decided not to watch the next series. I'm going books only from here on.

Comment

This snow art is amazing, well worth watching the two minute video at the top of the page linked.

If you're not up to date with the episodes shown so far there is a spoiler in the text near the bottom

Comment

Season 6 Trailer: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3w...ial-trailer_tv

Comment

Those hoping to see the eighth and final season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” early next year are likely to be disappointed. Series visual effects supervisor Joe Bauer gave an interview with The Huffington Post this week and revealed he and his team are only beginning to work on the eighth and final season right […]

Season 8 is looking more likely to be late Summer/Autumn 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          http://www.darkhorizons.com/no-game-...mid-late-2019/

Season 8 is looking more likely to be late Summer/Autumn 2019
                          Said it before and I'll say it again - I'd bet paper money that this is bull****, and it's them scrambling to get a spinoff on TV before they air the end of the main show.

Comment

Or they're waiting for George R. R. Martin to finish the books given the series is poorer not having them as source material (as evidenced by watching the earlier series again).

Comment

HBO’s “Game of Thrones” recently wrapped filming on its final episode ever, with the eighth and final season set to debut next year on the cabler. However, had author and show producer George R. R. Martin had his way he would’ve have had it keep going for years to come. Speaking with Variety on the […]

George RR Martin wanted Game of Thrones to have a 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th season

Guess he finally knows how his book fans feel...

Comment

Just finish the dam books George.

Comment

Working...
                                X