No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO has announced that the eighth and final season of its big-budget fantasy drama “Game of Thrones” will kick off in April next year – the same month most of the previous seasons (bar the seventh) have premiered. Along with announcing the premiere month, the network has debuted a new series recap video which you […]

Season 8 is now confirmed for sometime April 2019

Comment

An apparent report from a meeting of a group of TV networks in France has allegedly revealed the runtimes of the six final episodes of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” Premiere magazine, via EW, reported the news from an Orange Cinema Series presentation about the upcoming eighth and final season. The magazine claims the first two […]

It's looking like the first two episodes will be 60 minutes in length and the final four will be 80 minutes each

Comment

Trailer for Season 8

Comment

Time to get bittorrent loaded up again

Comment

I know someone at work who's going to very upset about the lengths they'll now have to go to in order to avoid spoilers

Comment

So, Episode 1:

It was a good start to be honest, loads to chew on and they seem to be headed in the right direction with several of the characters including the arc for Daenerys at last. Unless it throws in a major bell curve it feels like it's fairly obvious where the seasons arc is going but the delivery was on point and bodes well for the rest of the season

Comment

HBO’s “Game of Thrones” returned last night with the eighth and final season premiere and, as per usual with the series, it was a quiet start serving as setup for the action to come later – most likely the Battle of Winterfell in the third episode. We’re also only a month or so away from […]

George RR Martin says that though some secondary things will differ, when (if) the books reach their ending both the written story and the shows endings will broadly be the same.

Comment

Lazy old fool.

Instead of poncing around writing indulgently-long historical back stories, he needs to shift his arse and finish the core series. 8 years is it since the last book?

Episode 1 was ok. Lots of set-up and very little in the way of stuff happening. Jon and Dany are going to come to a head over the revelation.
                  ‘Hey baby. I’m the rightful king. Step aside. Yes, you and the dragons. Oh, and I probably shouldn’t have nobbed you. We are pretty much Lannisters in that respect.’

I enjoyed the dragon ride but can’t remember much else.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    ‘Hey baby. I’m the rightful king. Step aside. Yes, you and the dragons.
                    This would be a complete betrayal of Jon's character, who has shown no ambition towards any position of power in the entire series.

I reckon he will share what he knows with Dany, and ask everyone to forget it and focus on the coming war. If (or rather, when) anything happens to Dany, that will be the moment he asks people to step aside.

Comment

Good point.

Unless he decides, having heard about the roasting of the Tarlys, that Daenerys is too volatile and/or inexperienced in Westerosi politics and customs, that he feels like he has to take charge, for the good of the realm?

Comment

Hey it could happen, but I will eyeroll at the writers so hard you will hear it

Comment

He won't aim to overthrow Dany but he will question her with a fresh set of eyes. She'll immediately be aware something's not right because fresh with this information he'll be suddenly wary of groin bumping his Aunt but she's a vile, nasty little dictator in waiting and he's known her all of two minutes. Before the end of Ep3, at my guess, he'll say he can't follow her anymore and they'll end up against one another each aboard a dragon that has chosen its side as Cersei watches on with glee

Comment

Ha ha that’s a good idea!

Dany is a wad.

Comment

The bit where they were riding the dragons felt like a Harry Potter movie scene. Also I think Supes has nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X