Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, **** hit the fan then. I nearly thought the site had gone when trying the.com domain!

Comment

I hope things can be calmly worked out between both parties... this is truly a place which a lot of us care about.

I don't want to sound patronising here, but when reading emails between yourselves (Charles/Blair & Neil) please bare in mind text based conversations can be interpreted in many ways depending on your frame of mind...

Good luck, and I hope we can all move past this soon...

Comment

If we call it charles-nads.com I want to do the logo.

Comment

Can we see some cmock-ups?

(that works less now that I realise that a struck out c is just an e.)

Comment

I hope this can be worked out without it getting very messy.

If there is any money left from the blue room contributions, perhaps we could pay Neil those? Also some kind of paypal to get enough money to buy the domain?

I just hope the community and the historical posts can be kept without Neil and Charles ending up in small claims court, that can't be good for anyone. (Not least your families) If Neil could name his price to sell the domain then perhaps a some of the community with the means could quietly step in and get things fixed up.

There is so much history in the forum & it's not a normal BS site either. It's like someone telling me that my diary is his property and I'm not allowed to read it anymore. This makes me feel sad, though fair enough I'd never thought about the forum database being Neils property before, but you live & learn.

Please guys, use a mediator and get this sorted out like gentleman. Take a deep breath and try to forget the past & remember this is a community. We aren't here to make or lose money, we are here because we want to be.

I am sure there are good arguments on both sides, so try and look for a solution, not further conflict.

Comment

Greetings charlesr, marcus, Neil McRae and co.

It's fair to say I've been a bit harsh on this site over the years, but I'm still close personal friends with Charlesr.

This place has, in some way, defined me as a gamer and I hate to see all this nonsense over what appears to be a breakdown of communication (technical or otherwise). The site has been through some tough times before. I should know as I'm one of those that left years back when the last major transition happened.

The site is only as good as the forum members, never forget that, without the people on here you have absolutely nothing. So come on guys hug it out and sort it out for everyone's sake.

Comment

I suggest www.seanbeans-nadsmakeu.com as a fall back

Comment

I see the Sean Bean Virus is spreading

MWAHAHAHAHHA

Comment

May I suggest a bare knuckle fight in a disused factory to settle this?

Last edited by charlesr; 07-04-2011, 22:30.

Comment

Hope it all gets sorted out soon for the good of the members (some of whom I doubt will put up with the bull**** for long and naff off to 'other places')!

Comment

thats exactly the point - the site will continue irrespective of the domain as its the members that made it. So good luck folks, it was a blast. I would suggest that a better governance set out with the blue room folks having more of a say and control over the site including publishing the accounts etc and an elected sub-group to act as a governing board - Might be worth a competition to give the site a new name as NTSC-UK probably doesn't fit anymore.

Oh and those folks who _think_ they know what has happened over the years, only one person has been a constant in the communication - thats me, many things happened over time, I have +the full+ story including all the interesting things that will make the users here be very shocked, I hope I don't have to expose these as well, and also have a lot of info that a certain government chap might want to get a hold of - waves to Mr Taxman!

Adios Amigos!

Comment

You have some good ideas there, something I was also thinking about. In old school forums they called them the "Elders". Non-mods who just keep an eye on things and mediate when Mods can't agree.

I'd like to thank you Neil for hosting the site all these years, and wish you all the best for China. My first trade with you was for Xbox Out Run back in 2003! Time flies!

You will have to make your own moral choices on if the information you have will benefit the community or not.

Comment

Just a quick question...

is "_think_" and "+the full+" this months #WINNING?

Comment

Hope all involve can come to an agreement which benefits us, the viewers! We love this place. Whatever it is named.

Comment

I think that covers everything.

So, rebrand it is then. I'll start a thread about that soon.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 08-04-2011, 12:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X