No announcement yet.

Mobile style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a couple of button pushes, but if you press the grid button (top right), there's a "forum" button that takes you to the forum homepage. Not ideal, but could be better if you are loads of pages in.

Comment

Oh, even better, just click the logo which will take you to the forum homepage.

Comment

Ok cool, I'll see how I get on with that. Seems like something of a glaring omission though on the part of vBulletin

Comment

Yeah, it's all new though so should improve.

Comment

Does this work for anyone? I've just tried it on my PC and my phone and it's just total fail.

Comment

It's stopped working for me to. Switches to the skin but the minute you do anything it switches back.

Comment

Hmm. Well one of the thing listed for the next version is improvements to the mobile style. Can't be any worse mind....

Comment

Its the only mobile version I have been able to post with, every style on forum no matter what the text editor is will simply not allow me to post (windows phone)Only downside it seems is it only display first page of threads....

Comment

Yeah, what's that about? When it was working for me previously, there was no option to show other pages.

I've got "UC Browser" on my nokia. It has a "mobile" view, but it's a much better mobile view than Opera Mobile's version. Really easy to read even on the tiny screen on my 5800, just using the normal style.

Comment

Boris' tablet /phone one is the best for me out of the bunch. Not ideal because it's not native phone size, but it works better because of the removal of key images.

Comment

None of the styles are very good for editing long threads, as there's no way to scroll the box down on an iPad.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Do you mean increase the size of the box? (pull bottom right of box)
                          Or just scroll up and down in the box?

Comment

It works fine on mine and my iPhone, but I am running ios5, so perhaps it will be easier when the next big OS update is released.

On older Idevices you can scroll down the edit box by bringing up the magnifier and dragging it down to the bottom of the post, that will make it scroll down. Alternatively and 2 finger drag within the text box usually moves text boxes down in ios

Comment

Mobile style is now sort of working. Well, at least it's working pretty well on my Nokia 5800 for the forum and the blog. You can switch pages now...
                              The articles don't seem to work though (i.e. look normal).

Comment

Defaulted to the mobile style despite being on my computer (running Ubuntu 10.04, using Opera 11.52).

Comment

Working...
                                X