No announcement yet.

Mobile style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to check this on my wife's android - I'll see if I can grab it some time this evening.

Comment

I see the same problem on Android
      It all works fine on my ancient Nokia.

There have been updates to the mobile style though so please hang on in there while I prepare for the upgrade (still testing - there are some major changes to the whole back end).

Comment

I guess it depends on which version of Android you are running too.

Comment

I've reinstalled the Superlight style - it's a bit crazy but maybe that will work for you. It's super fast too.

Comment

Any update as to when this will be working again on Android? I had an update to Android 4.0.3 last week and hoped it would have made a difference but it still doesn't work

Comment

I might have time to upgrade the site tonight actually.

Comment

Seems to be working now so whatever you did last night worked

Comment

Updated the superlight style so that it has a forum link even if you aren't logged in. No idea why it wasn't showing before, but forced it now. It made it impossible to browse normally because the only options were "articles" "new posts" and "search" of which only the first one would function if you aren't logged in.

Comment

I had to kill the superlight style. It was designed for an older version of VB and every time I tried to modify it, I encountered database issues. I'm working on an alternative. It won't be quite so stripped back, but will hopefully do the job.

Comment

Does anyone use the mobile style?
                      I've added the "what's new" button to the top of every page because I guess that's what people would use most on a mobile.

Comment

Is there any way to get like and quote notifications in the mobile view?

It would be really helpful!

Comment

Is there an option for a dark theme?

Comment

Can we get the mobile style to stop quoting people (usually the previous person youve quoted) when doing a simple reply? can be cleared by clearing all browser history from browser (safari iOS) but its a real pain.

Edit. It seems to be posts you’ve liked on mobile view that get quoted when you just want to reply, found this out today.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-08-2020, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Is there an option for a dark theme?
                              I agree, a dark theme would be very useful - I usually use the device late at night, and it's easier for my eyes to perceive text on a dark background.

Comment

I've made the mobile theme pinch-zoomable.

Comment

Working...
                                X