Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database tracking viewed threads/posts disabled again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got you. I've just noticed that happen, and threads last updated as far back as 29 march that I still haven't read are still showing as unread. Which I guess is quite handy. So I pick the 'new' one, yeah?

Comment

I'd also like to point out that this method helps with mobile browsing, because when I'm browsing on my mobile I might not want to read everything (the Photography thread for example I wouldn't open when I'm on a 3G connection) but I would like to read it when I'm in a better position to do so.

Comment

After some time with this I have come to the conclusion that I dislike it greatly. Although the old one was seemingly a little arbitrary in its behaviour, it suited my use of the forum.

If I have not checked a thread it is usually because I am not going to read it. Therefore I now have to enter a sub-forum to discover if it's a thread I want to read or just something I've already disregarded.

Comment

I'm with you Pat. It's also a drain on the database and datastore.

I can see the advantages - if it marked a forum as read when you open it, but left the unread thread info intact until you read them etc., that would be great.
          Last edited by charlesr; 05-04-2011, 15:51.

Comment

I've turned this off again. Sorry to those that liked it, but unless you read every thread, you have to press buttons which isn't fun.

Comment

And now everything is running a little quicker. Seems the best option peeps.

Comment

Boo. Oh well, back to missing loads of posts. :'(

Comment

Working...
                X