Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The manplan thread (refer to post one for guidance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messed up my shin on Sunday, doing tricks on my trials bike, but slipped off the pedal. A lot of blood. Pedal pins into the bone. Nasty. Anyway, it's really tight skin around my shin, so there was a gap where the torn bit wasn't under tension. So I put super glue around the edge and folded the flap of skin / flesh back over and held it till it stuck. Looks great and should heal without a stupid dent.

Comment

That's what super glue was made for!

Comment

Medical grade superglue yes, household superglue no as they are not the same thing. Regular household stuff releases toxins as it cures unlike the medical grade stuff that doesn't.

Comment

lol. So I'll have a good looking leg on my toxified corpse!

I need to get some steristrips.

Comment

One of the compounds it releases whlile curing is fomaldehyde so you'll at least be preserved.

Comment

The more you know!

Comment

I uses to tear my shins up when I still rode bmx. There was always a choice between platform pedals with studs: not super grippy but not likely to do serious damage if you did slip e.g.

And super grippy pedals that it was really hard to slip off but if you did... Like these Hutch Bear Traps

Comment

God, I remember those....

Mine are the Ultra Mag. The pins dent the bone, but not that deep

It was the edge of the pedal that did the damage.

Comment

Working...
                  X