Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The manplan thread (refer to post one for guidance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The manplan thread (refer to post one for guidance)

Ok, so in light of the current trend of self pitying, whiney non manly threads on the forum, I welcome you to the man plan thread. Within this thread we will discuss ONLY manly things that manly men do. This is not a thread for men downtrodden by women who need to discuss their feelings and seek comfort. Nor is it a thread for someone who doesn't understand the simple principal that if you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, well, you probably need a bigger hammer. Oh, and making up fantastically mental stories of manliness, for example "I just wrestled a bear", are definitely funny arsed man plan.

Acceptable man plan subject examples could be:

Have you just eaten food so spicy that your face nearly exploded and the next day you will suffer from, let's not flower it up, ring sting? That's man plan.

Did you just watch a bad ass action movie that we should all know about? That's man plan.

Have you just stripped down the engine of your car/motorbike/jet fighter on the kitchen table (ok, maybe not the jet engine) just because you wanted to? That's man plan.

Did you just construct something with your own hands, preferably without instruction? That's man plan.

Subjects that are NOT man plan:

Waaaah, waaaaah, waaaaaah! My girlfriend dumped me. Not man plan.

I need to hit a nail, what tool do I need? Not man plan.

I need a new man bag, any recommendations? Not man plan.

My skin is a bit dry, can you tell me which moisturiser I should use? Not man plan.

Man plan does NOT encourage the mistreating of people in relationships, it only promotes the outlook of not taking unnecassary crap for the sake of staying in a relationship. Not happy with you're who you're with? End it and get out, don't just spend months whinging about it.

Please be clear that man plan also does NOT condone random acts of violence or serious crime. This thread is only about trying to get men to be a little less whiney and girly, not encouraging anything untoward. The thread has been created and is only intended to be a bit of light hearted fun, so please be sensible when posting within.

I think you get the idea.

The purpose of the man plan thread is twofold. One: for discussion of blokey things. Two: to help non blokey blokes become more, well, blokey. Need to know how to build a brick wall? How to wire a house? Well ask in the man plan thread.

Post two of this thread will be reserved for categorisation of the posters posting within. There will be three categories.

Man plan faithful.

Man plan trainee.

Man plan no hoper.

Decision of which category you are placed will lie completely with myself and the other man plan faithful. Let it be known that women are more than capable of following the man plan. Despite the title, it is not gender specific, it is only wetness non accepting. (obsessing over dirty dancing is NOT man plan)

*IMPORTANT* - it is the duty of any member of the man plan faithful to point out if there is a demotion required for someone else graded at faithful status due to a non man plan post in another thread. Let's keep it real people!

Post away, and remember: man plan.

Last edited by Colin; 15-05-2011, 12:21.

Man plan faithful:

Ikobo
    Skull Commander
    Cavalcade
    Crazytaxinext
    Dirty Sanchez
    Garrz32
    FSW
    Famidude
    Vanpeebles
    Charlesr
    Katsujinken
    Importaku
    Prinnysquad
    Nakamura
    Mayhem
    Losersclub
    Datadave
    Nijo
    Loftgroover

Man plan trainee:

Breadboy
    Darwock
    Mekanor
    Teddymeow
    Shadowdancer
    Billy Dimashq

Man plan no hoper:

Neil2k
    Kryss
    Speedlolita
    ETC
    Press start to begin
    Evilboris
    J0e Musashi - Due to owning style boutique DS
    Last edited by Colin; 31-07-2013, 14:44.

Comment

I like to pad-hack PSX digital pads and inhale pure leaded solder fumes. Grrrr manlyyyyyy.

Lol, I always forget it's non unleaded.

I wish to read a female's Man Plan.

Comment

Does continuous drinking qualify for manlyness? I had a few beers Thursday night in preperation for my brother in law's wedding, then Friday we went to the wedding and drank all day, then today I woke up, got myself a cooked breakfast then went to a friends BBQ (where there was lots of manly standing around the BBQ action with alcohol) and got stuck into more drink. After that I went home and cracked open some more. I may continue this trend tomorrow as well...
        Last edited by Skull Commander; 08-05-2011, 09:44. Reason: wrote the wrong day due to alcohol!

Comment

Where can I buy a shir- no, wait, never mind.

A married woman wants to sleep with me. Does that count?

Comment

Check post two for your status. Toythatkills, because you had to ask, I can only give you trainee for now, be more decisive!

For clarity, man plan encourages promotion. Should you start out in no hoper, make it your mission to reach man plan faithful! Just don't get knocked down for being all girly and pathetic in another thread!
            Last edited by Colin; 07-05-2011, 22:50.

Comment

Age discrimination! lol

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                Check post two for your status. Toythatkills, because you had to ask, I can only give you trainee for now, be more decisive!
                Oh, so close!

I wouldn't put myself anywhere above trainee anyway, probably. Although I did operate a fuse box the other day. Oh yeah. Hardcore.

Comment

I thought only fuse could operate a fuse box?

Comment

I have a hairier chest than Tom Selleck and I'll be damned if I'm going to shave it off

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                      I have a hairier chest than Tom Selleck and I'll be damned if I'm going to shave it off
                      Man plan.

Comment

He'd have that shaved off in a second if Gillan asked him

Comment

I shave my chest with a blunt razor and bleed just for the hell of it. I then found a 3 inch scar on my chest that i had forgotten about.

The only thing i cook at home these days is burgers with tonnes of cheese and fries mushrooms.

Comment

I built a raised bed in the garden today. 2.4m planks x 9 and some 2"x2" to hold it all together. I used an electric drill for the holes and a battery one for drilling the screws in. I drank beer constantly while I was doing it, I had my top off so that the neighbours could see my cool Metal Gear team Fox tattoo and finished the last hour of it in the pouring rain and then had a curry whilst watching the crappest doctor who ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              I shave my chest with a blunt razor and bleed just for the hell of it. I then found a 3 inch scar on my chest that i had forgotten about.

The only thing i cook at home these days is burgers with tonnes of cheese and fries mushrooms.
                              Hmmm, I'm going to go with trainee for now kryss until I'm convinced you're chasing women round canadia, dismissing your ex and not fighting for custody of your cat. I know man plan lurks within you............like angry tiger!

Comment

Working...
                              X