Alan Wake II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Wake II

Remedy Entertainment has confirmed to Eurogamer that "yes, more [Alan] Wake is coming!" But the Finnish developer said …

Remedy has confirmed devlopment of the sequel but has stated it's not 'Alan Wake 2'. My guess is it will follow

his wife instead

. I'm expecting some changes to the gameplay too to respond to some of the first games criticisms.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-12-2021, 06:19.

Hoping this can be what the first game was supposed to be. A large open mountain town to explore, with lots of people to interact with.

Comment

Shenmue meets twin peaks?
      With gashpon machines....... Mmmm

Comment

If that's what you're after, you should definitely play Deadly Premonition.

Comment

Dave Sleep.

Comment

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

The way that reads it's like MS aren't showing much interest in a sequel, certainly they don't appear to be doing anything actively to maintain it as an exclusive for them.

Comment

Stole this from GAF as someone said MS didn't promote it and these were posted.
              I thought they were pretty damn cool ads.

Tis a shame there will be no A.Wake 2, then again I felt the DLC did put a lid on it.
              Pretty much said we know where we are going with 2 but it's a satisfying enough ending to keep if we don't get the chance to make sequel.

Comment

EA Partners? It's different enough from everything else in their portfolio. I'd assume MS don't own the IP from the linked interview.

Comment

I believe MS only own publishing rights for Alan Wake, Remedy own the IP.
                  If they could find another publisher for Alan Wake 2/New Project there is hope.

Comment

So much like Mass Effect then? Third party it is then. I don't think it would get picked up by Sony as they'd be more likely to want a new title from Remedy rather than promote an exlusive sequel to a MS reject.

Comment

Remedy Entertainment has discussed the heavily-rumoured Alan Wake 2, suggesting, if it happens, it won't take as long a…

Remedy says they've got nothing to announce regarding an Alan Wake 2 but do so in a way that makes it sound like it's coming relatively soonish due to the current engine already being in place.

Comment

Last year, Control developer Remedy announced it had signed a two-project publishing deal with Epic Games, and then re-…

Rumbles that Alan Wake 2 is one of the Epic funded games Remedy are developing

Comment

Wow, given the wait I was NOT expecting this!!! I loved the original and American Nightmare, I'm more chuffed than Chuffy from Armstrong & Miller!!!!

Comment

Remedy do own the rights to Alan Wake fully, they did add part of his story into Control DLC and they did say the epic game would continue the Remedy connected universe, so it’s entirely plausible Epic have thrown Remedy some cash to fund the Alan Wake sequel MS refused to.

The Control Alan Awake expansion is the first step in establishing one interconnected world, but Lake also confirmed that a new game is in development set in the same universe.

Comment

Just realised I got all the DLC from the original for free a few years after I'd finished the main game, I've never actually touched the DLC at all so it's giving me a very good excuse to play thru it all again.

Comment

Working...
                              X