Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server and Performance (now with NimbusHosting from post #129 onwards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took 3 mins to reindex the search (used to take 20+)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      It took 3 mins to reindex the search (used to take 20+)
      Really pleased for you. (And us!) will the new server cost mega bucks? With a new year coming do we need to up the blues fees a bit? Thanks for all the hard work Charles, you get a bit fond of a website after visiting daily for more than a decade

Comment

It's only a bit more than the previous one. Worth it if it saves me hassle and makes the experience great for you guys.

Comment

Major server software change on Tuesday 11am UK time. Probably for a couple of hours down time. I'll do an announcement nearer the time.

Comment

There is a Server upgrade at 11am UK Tuesday 22nd December 2015. The server will be unavailable for a couple of hours. If you want to chat in IRC, please bookmark this url: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=bordersdown or join with your own client (#bordersdown on quakenet)
            If you are trading up to that time, I highly recommend exchanging emails in case anything goes wrong with the upgrade. I'd expect it to be smooth, but just in case like...

Why is this happening?
            There is a newer version of vbulletin with security updates, but it depends on a newer version of PHP than I have available on the server as a prerequisite. The server upgrade will enable a newer version of PHP so that I can proceed with the vbulletin update.

Comment

Sorry all, the Posts table crashed and became huge which filled the disk.

Comment

Everything should be fine now. No posts lost. Please let me know if anything odd still

Comment

I deny all any and all claims that I added 2,000 new threads last night

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    This made me proper laugh. Which was nice after the panic.

Comment

Thanks, Chaz and thanks Neon for the laughs (and threads)!

Comment

Me this morning when my girlfriend came in and I'm refreshing the page and seeing the error

"I'm fine"

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Brain Blast!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Me this morning when my girlfriend came in and I'm refreshing the page and seeing the error

"I'm fine"
                            Pronhub was down?

Comment

Sorry if the site is a bit slow for a little - I'm running some intensive actions on a copy of the database. Doubt anyone will notice, but thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Working...
                              X