Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESET NOD32 Smart Security 1year ?14.99 (normally ?40)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESET NOD32 Smart Security 1year ?14.99 (normally ?40)

I swear by this antivirus now after someone reccomending it on here a few years back, not only does this package have the fantastically efficient antivirus , but antispyware , firewall and other such stuff.

free delivery

Did this ever get good again? I used it a few years ago when it was awesome, it used to be a tiny little program that used no resources and caught everything. Then there was an update and it was suddenly a Norton style intrusive piece of crap that slowed everything down when it was running.

Comment

I never had that with the antivirus bit, maybe this big suite?

Comment

the free web based scanner is wicked and helped clean my nearly terminal laptop. I'd recommend it alone from that.

Comment

I've been using ESET software since 2006, and Smart Security (what's on offer here) for a good few years. There's no comparison between Norton software and this, for me. Still believe this ranks up there as one of the best PC AV/Security software solutions. The GUI has moved on for sure, but it's still got a small footprint.

Comment

I'm just using the AV and it slows a little during definition updates, but is otherwise super fast.

Comment

Does it work well with an alternative firewall? Is that even possible?

Comment

If you just get the AV, then it doesn't have a firewall.

Comment

You can turn off the firewall part of it.

Mine turned up today, doesn't seem to run any different to just the plain AV program. INfact you wouldn't even know that it had all the exxtra stuff. That's what I like about both the AV and now this, it just runs and it works.

Comment

Working...
                  X