No announcement yet.

Video Game Centre Bournemouth - Wimbourne Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shop, lots of good memories attached to it. Remember when they showed off a Japanese copy of the newly-launched Sonic 2 to mixed reactions ("err, that tree's in a different position this time").

Comment

My jobs been requiring me to drive in poole alot lately and i happened to notice this shop a couple of weeks back

But when i drove past today i noticed all the games had been removed from the shelfs and all the signs had gone , Is this another independent shop thats bit the dust

Anyone know ?

Comment

A friend of mine owned the place for years. It was a nice little standard PAL indie but around 4 years ago he knew it was winding down so he sold it off. Now it opens from time to time, has barely any stock and stinks of dog most of the time. The guy that owns it is a nice bloke but a mix of location and probably money gave it no real chance.

Comment

Nakamura i knew i could count on you to supply the info ;P Cheers -

Looks like its closing up now - I hate seeing all these little shops closing , no matter what the business

Comment

Noticed the shop in Poole had closed when passing by at the weekend. Shame, really. Been past hundreds of times and never went in, but I like the idea of there being indies about. I can't think of any left in the area apart from Total Entertainment in Boscombe.

Comment

I went there a couple of times and it always seemed closed... Sad to say, I never once went inside.

Crikey, we all have a Poole connection!
              Last edited by Sketcz; 24-07-2012, 17:42.

Comment

I still live in Poole! That is my connection.

That Total Entertainment is half decent but very expensive at times.

Comment

Yes, they have a reasonably good range of retro items, but the items are often blatantly overpriced for their not-very-good condition.

Comment

I went into T.E in Boscombe the other week. As others have said the range is pretty decent but some of the prices are laughable!

Comment

To be honest i miss Software Box in Poole & The Joypad in Bournemouth almost as much as i miss VGC.

Comment

Who actually lives local to poole and bournemouth then?

We should go for beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                          To be honest i miss Software Box in Poole & The Joypad in Bournemouth almost as much as i miss VGC.
                          Was Joypad the shop by the Triangle run by guys called Stu and Keith?

Comment

Yeah it was. I still speak to Stu regularly but sadly Keith has passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple Convoy View Post
                              Was Joypad the shop by the Triangle run by guys called Stu and Keith?
                              Yeah great little shop that was. We had some classic Powerstone 2 tournaments in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X