• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site styles

2X EvilBoris (fixed and fluid)
    1X Nishimori
    1X Mobile/Small screen

Spoiler colour needs adjusting slighty I think please.

Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-05-2011, 07:03.

Comment

Small suggestion. Take the NTSC UK logo out of the banner and have it as a separate PNG, sitting directly above the header graphic (absolute positioned, if you do CSS). It'll make updating that header a lot easier.

Looking good tho.

Comment

Ah, sometimes I want the graphic to show through and sometimes I don't, so selecting the layer for pasting is only 30 second work. Thanks though.

Comment

can we not have the original one from a few weeks back as well?

Comment

I love the new UI style, it's all change at the moment!

NTSC-UK.

Comment

I don't like that spotty background. It hurts my eyes.

Comment

Weird that the default has been removed.

Still don't like a lot of the fonts on Boris' one, and the low-res NTSC-UK images for each of the forums on the Nishimori style are horrible.

Comment

As per some advice I was given all the fonts are sans-serif (arial on PC, helvetica on mac) and then a forum titles and thread titles have a different one (gill sans, gill mt, sans-serif)

The way the site looks varies a little between the OS used. Each browser renders text a little differently too, then the fonts themselves can also look wildly different depending on the resolution they are being viewed at (many of the standard web fonts were designed 15+ years ago to work at low resolutions)

If there is anything that looks wildly wrong or broken or unreadable, take a screenshot and tell me what OS browser and resolution you are at, then I can see if anything can be done to help those issues.
                  Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-05-2011, 12:15.

Comment

Been a bit tied up with Rails development at home but will hopefully make the changes to the forum images soon, I know they don't look great, sorry!

Comment

whats with those tree's....aaaaaaarrrrgggggg!!! Please include the default style!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        As per some advice I was given all the fonts are sans-serif (arial on PC, helvetica on mac) and then a forum titles and thread titles have a different one (gill sans, gill mt, sans-serif)
                        It's still using Verdana for the post copy at the moment…

.postrow{padding:5px 10px 10px;font:13px Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)}
                        Last edited by muddy; 24-05-2011, 20:29.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Ah, sometimes I want the graphic to show through and sometimes I don't, so selecting the layer for pasting is only 30 second work. Thanks though.
                          No worries, always thinking of quickest way to automate for user generated content? if you're doing 'em, quality control

Comment

Boris,

Just a heads up but on my display (1280 x 800) both your styles header cover the Notifications drop down so it's difficult to access the inbox options for messages.

Fluid is a bit better as the header doesnt stretch right across the page so you can get to it but just about.

Otherwise it's quite funky & I think I'll be using it as my choice.

Neil

Comment

I'm not a fan of the fonts on the forum sub headings etc, the background or the all capitals links under the banner. Oh, and I'm on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard if that matters.
                              Last edited by Synthesthesia; 24-05-2011, 22:25.

Comment

Working...
                              X