No announcement yet.

TRON3: Ares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Empire Strikes Back with less action, more CG and Olivia Wilde's PVC-clad ass. I can live with that

Comment

Olivia Wilde looks pretty good (in a weird faced kind of way) but she can't act she seems to play the sme soulless bint in every film shes in.Also, you're seriously comparing tron legacy to empire strikes back? Yikes.
      Last edited by rmoxon; 20-03-2012, 14:55.

Comment

I didn't like Legacy the first time I saw it, but I think the 3D glasses annoyed me so I was ratty. I remember after a week or so it kept eating at me and I wanted to see it again. When the BR came out I watched it a second time(in 2D) and I loved it. I love the blue/orange look, I love the music and the action bits. I've seen it a few more times since then. Not too keen on CGI Jeff Bridges in the real world but he wasn't in it that much, and I thought he looked more believable in the computer world as CLU.

I thought the whole film was basically a snazzy CGI father-son bonding reunion using the first film as a template. I agree about the scale(or lack thereof). It didn't really feel like a big world, more like a little computer island sitting in the middle of a massive grid that stretched out to infinity.

Comment

Loved it but the 3d wasn't much cop. We bough it on BR at Xmas and not had time to watch it yet in 2d

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext
            It's Empire Strikes Back

wait wat

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's anywhere near as good a film as Empire Strikes Back (which isn't the best one to mention as it borrows more from New Hope), just that it tries to steal a fair bit of Star Wars narrative and ideas. Hell, I don't think I'd make an arguement that Legacy is even that good a film in of itself, but I do find it has an... appeal.
              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 21-03-2012, 08:12.

Comment

A new “Tron” is back in development at Disney. “Tron 3,” a sequel to 2010’s reboot “Tron: Legacy”, is moving forward as Disney has entered negotiations with Jesse Wigutow to pen the latest draft of the script. David DiGilio wrote an earlier version. ‘Legacy’ helmer Joseph Kosinski is attached to helm the installment. Though expensive, […]

Disney is said to be moving forward now with the scripting of Tron 3

Comment

Filmmaker Joseph Kosinski turned up at WonderCon over the weekend to promote his sci-fi action-adventure feature “Oblivion” opening in a few weeks. During interviews, he gave a quick update on how the follow-up to “TRON: Legacy” was proceeding. Kosinski says Disney is still keen on making the project happen, and haven’t settled on a title […]

The script is about done and aiming for a bigger wide audience is the aim

Comment

“Tron: Legacy” and “Oblivion” director Joseph Kosinski recently spoke with “Entertainment Tonight” about the two Disney projects he’s attached to – a third “Tron” feature, and the remake of The Black Hole”. “Both projects are being written right now by two really talented writers. Jon Spaihts is writing Black Hole and Jesse Wigutow is writing […]

The director says the film runs with the idea behind Tron Legacy's ending

Comment

I'm more excited about the prospect of a Black Hole reboot than another Tron film.

I'll reserve judgement though as the writer also did the Screenplays to The Darkest Hour and Prometheus, although his stories were very different before the studio got involved.

Comment

It's taken a long time but word is Disney will start filming in October. The star and Director of Legacy are both returning, no word on Olivia Wilde yet

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          no word on Olivia Wilde yet
                          "FIT"

I think that word is apt.

Comment

After stalling for a few years, steam continues to pick up on the next film in Disney’s “Tron” franchise with Production Weekly reporting today that the movie has a title – “Tron: Ascension”. Joseph Kosinksi is reportedly back to direct and Garrett Hedlund is the only returning cast member at this point for the film, […]

The film has apparently scored the title Tron: Ascension

Comment

Fans of tight fitting body suits celebrate

Olivia Wilde is confirmed to be returning for the upcoming “Tron: Legacy” follow-up that is currently rumored to be titled “Tron: Ascension”. Wilde played Quorra in 2010’s ‘Legacy’ and will rejoin her co-star Garrett Hedlund as Sam Flynn in the new film which Joseph Kosinski is also confirmed to be returning to direct. At the […]

Olivia Wilde has officially signed on to return

Comment

Disney has apparently cancelled plans for a third instalment in the “Tron” series. Though officially never greenlit, the project was lining up for a Fall start of production likely in Vancouver, with both Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund slated to return in the lead roles and Joseph Kosinski coming back as director. However, Heat Vision […]

Dunno how much truth their is to it but the latest report is that Tomorrowland has underperformed and Disney has gotten cold feet as a result about a third Tron and has now cancelled this

Comment

Working...
                                X