TRON3: Ares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRON3: Ares

David DiGilio (“Eight Below,” “Traveler”) is set to write the sequel to “Tron: Legacy” for Disney Pictures says The Hollywood Reporter. Original scribes Adam Horowitz and Adam Kitsis were slated to return but their commitments to ABC’s “Once Upon a Time” have prevented it. The fate of this potential third “Tron” film is currently in […]

Writing has begun and despite the vagueness on numbers this seems increasingly likely to move forward though I wouldn't be surprised if it avoided setting up a fourth
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 11-08-2020, 09:20.

I really hope it does given Legacy was left pretty open for a sequel.

John

Comment

I'm not sure, I think Legacy was utterly amazing and the whole Tron scene to me is now awesome. I actually listen to the soundtrack quite alot being a big Daft Punk fan anyway but I'd hate to see the memory of Legacy tarnished as I can't see it being beat visually, audiolly or storylly?

Comment

I do think they're in a very difficult place visually building on Legacy. Ideally I'd love to see the internal world of modern computers with the effect access to the net would have. But the world of Legacy looked stunning and that was supposed to be a really old self-contained system. Where to go from there? Wouldn't be right for it to look remotely similar but hard to think how they could make it more impressive. Whatever they do, I'd love more of a sense of an actual computer with functions rather than a virtual world (which made sense in the context of Legacy).

Still, I love Tron and love Legacy even more so I'm totally up for a sequel. I'll be all over it.

Comment

I think that's exactly where they should go (mapping the Tron world to computer functions), I felt the Grid in Legacy felt a bit empty and almost 'rundown' in areas such as the starting point where Flynn is first picked up by the rectifier. I'd like to see them flesh it out to be a more diverse system similar to the version in the first film with many different programmers/users interacting with the system.

Although it seems to garner very mixed views I really enjoyed Legacy, I think it looked superb and the soundtrack is one of my favourites as it's great to listen to on its own and it fits in perfectly with the film. I managed to get myself a 'Flynn Lives' black hooded top delivered from the US

John

Comment

I'm actualy suprised so many people enjoyed legacy, It looked nice enough but it was a bit crap all the same, it basicaly just tried to do everything the original did but by making it look alot better in the process.

Which is fine, except the entire film seemed to be about 95% close ups so it never really gave the grand impression of scale that the original achieved and as a result just all felt a bit cold, becuase lets face it they didnt really make it with the characters or story in mind... in fact there wasnt any characters or story... Plus the "good" Jeff bridges seemed to be in a Big Lebowski sequel, and not a Tron film at all.
            Last edited by rmoxon; 25-06-2011, 22:37.

Comment

Goodness, I don't agree with anything you've said but hey ho.

Legacy turned out better than I think anyone thought possible. Personally, I hope Bridges returns if a third is greenlit. He added a lot of interest and gravity to the film and obviously his character is pivotal.

Comment

If there is a 3rd I can't see it happening with out Bridges on board. It just wouldn't be right.

Also Legacy was amazing.

Comment

“TRON: Legacy” scribes Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis tell io9 that another “TRON” sequel continues to be shaped. At last report David DiGilio is penning the follow-up because Horowitz and Kitsis are busy with their commitments to ABC’s “Once Upon A Time”, the pair are instead serving as co-producers on the third “TRON”. “Joe [Kosinski, […]

Writing the Third Film

The writers of Tron: Legacy have said that the first draft of Tron 3 has been written and meetings have taken place around it. They're hoping to get the film in motion in the near future. The theme of the film is said being ""the definition of life and death in the digital realm will be explored in the sequel"."

Comment

They seem to be going quite slowly with this. I figured it would either happen fast or not happen at all. I can't help feeling it must be still on the fence and may still get the plug pulled. Hope that doesn't happen though. It has the potential to be great. Although even if it's total pants, if they get Daft Punk again for the soundtrack, something great will come of it.

Comment

Overall it ended on a pretty healthy total and Disney is very keen to get a franchise under its belt. I can't shake the feeling though that they've been waiting to see how John Carter does and if it was big put their resources into that instead. Given how poor its done though it might spur Disney to make this given its likely to turn a profit.

Comment

Disney should make a full-blown live action/CGI mix Kingdom Hearts movie. I'm afraid I couldn't care less about another Tron after the mess that was Legacy.

Comment

Really surprised to see so many people praising Legacy. I have to agree with Wil, I thought it was an absolute mess. Visually impressive, with some good use of 3D, but everything else about it was dross. In the original film it felt like a computer brought to life, but Legacy just turned it (as DoggThang notes) into an abstract virtual world. CGI Jeff felt ludicrous and looked like a videogame character - personally I just don't think the technology is there to render human actors completely with computer graphics yet.

Daft Punk's inclusion also felt wasted - it would have been nice if they had been visually more subtle with them DJing in the club, rather than doing a long pan over them. And as for the soundtrack, why on earth would you get Daft Punk to do it if most of it is just going to be standard movie orchestral music? Derezzed was alright. The rest of it was totally forgettable.

A series of missed opportunities to my mind, and a disservice to the original.

Comment

Yeah, it was rubbish.

I couldn't care less about Daft Punk, Legacy was just a poorly made film with a boring story and bad acting.

Comment

I don't know what to make of that movie. It's bad.

But I think I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X