No announcement yet.

TRON3: Ares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read this. Gutted if true. A pox on Tomorrowland for looking like an unmarketable piece of rubbish that was likely always going to be the poster child for flop of the year.

Comment

rubbish

every movie can't be a blockbuster and if they lose money on tomorrowland they've made billions of dollars profit on a handful of titles so at least be adventurous

I could understand it if tron legacy didn't turn a profit, but it did

Comment

Word came Friday that Disney Pictures had cancelled “Tron: Ascension,” the proposed third film in the “Tron” franchise. Despite the success of “Tron: Legacy”, the studio had been seemingly reluctant on green lighting another one. Then came reports a few months back that production was aiming to kick off in the Fall and at least […]

Fans launch the expected petition to get the film brought back.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/372...ave-third-tron

Fans launch the expected petition to get the film brought back.
          Why?

No offence intended to anyone who liked it, but I thought Tron Legacy was a travesty. The only good things that came out of it were the first 20 minutes (before the main character got inside the computer world) and the soundtrack (which, admittedly, was excellent).

Comment

It's one of those enjoyable but terrible movies for me.

The main issue I had with it apart from some bad performances was that the grid was too much of a normal hi tech land compared to the look of the original. I know they explained that it had developed etc, I just didnt like the way it looked. Needed more Tron.

I've still watched in maybe 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Why?

No offence intended to anyone who liked it, but I thought Tron Legacy was a travesty. The only good things that came out of it were the first 20 minutes (before the main character got inside the computer world) and the soundtrack (which, admittedly, was excellent).
              Clearly others (and me) liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                The main issue I had with it apart from some bad performances was that the grid was too much of a normal hi tech land compared to the look of the original. I know they explained that it had developed etc, I just didnt like the way it looked. Needed more Tron.
                It completely lacked the charm of the original. All of the vehicles, for instance, had working parts, engines, suspension, whereas the appeal of Syd Mead's original designs was that they were geometric and abstract.

Then, the end of the movie:

Evil-Flynn (CLU) has an army with a massive aircraft-carrier thing, trying to get into that I/O beam to escape from the computer.

What's supposed to happen if he succeeds?!?

Does the aircraft carrier appear in the real world? Then presumably crash and break apart because it's not a real machine (it'd be like bringing a Minecraft castle into the real world).

Does the printer run off a thousand pages of 1's and 0's?

Does CLU's army appear in the world, with no equipment or means to actually fight?

Do they move onto "the internet", i.e. the rest of the computer world, which has been evolving and changing for 30 years, and would have a "computer world" civilisation millions of times more advanced than on the BBC-Micro-era mainframe that Flynn was using...

Due to that, the ending just lacked any jeopardy for me, and I guess I didn't care enough about the characters for that to support the plot.

The only bits I liked were before the computer world, and the bit involving the nightclub (especially when Flynn turns up and goes all User-Jedi).

Comment

I too prefer the original. Both the story, aesthetics and the soundtrack.
                  The old neon arcade cab and game are also astounding.
                  Last edited by QualityChimp; 07-07-2020, 15:33.

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION], time to get aboard the DT3LCU hype train!

Comment

REALLY THOUGH?!

The source on this seems to be recycling old news. Not convinced.
                      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 07-07-2020, 15:41.

Comment

Rumble is it's in the works but I've already heard the Leto aspect is wrong

Comment

I dug as far as I could on this today and it seems one tiny bit of interview with a soundtrack guy who works at Disney which references stuff reported in 2017 quickly turned into ‘Disney confirms Tron 3’. I can find no better source in spite of some tweets claiming it came from the likes of a Hollywood Reporter (it did - in 2017). This story is the equivalent of when people post RIP messages about someone who died many years ago and so everyone does it.

Comment

“Lion” and “Mary Magdalene” helmer Garth Davis has been set to direct the next installment of the “TRON” franchise at Disney Pictures. The film would mark Davis’ first tentpole and the helmer reportedly aggressively pursued the job won over Disney executives with his take on the material which is expected to not be a direct […]

Hold on to your lightcycles people... Disney has signed director Garth Davis top helm... TRON3

Word is however that the film will not act as a direct sequel to Tron: Legacy, the film isn't greenlit yet but the pitching and hiring means the wheels of development are alive again on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Word is however that the film will not act as a direct sequel to Tron: Legacy, the film isn't greenlit yet but the pitching and hiring means the wheels of development are alive again on this.
                              I think that's a good thing; even if I had liked the previous one (I didn't, really) too much time has passed.

Comment

Less time has passed than the gap between Legacy and the film it is a direct sequel to.

Comment

Working...
                                X