This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesrodmellrules.co.uk

I'll take Shadows of the Damned, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      Don't think I can officially enter but my vote would be for RegionFreeGamers. Every domain type is available
      RFG-UK.com

or CRR-UK.co.uk for Guts's one.

I'm crap at coming up with names for stuff. Took me ages to come up with a name for here and I only picked it as I'd been playing a lot of Super Mario Kart at the time!

Comment

Guys, if you want to enter, you need to send me a PM. Anyone can enter as long as you aren't my sister or something. Anyone can enter, including mods and writers etc. as long as you aren't part of the judging panel.

Comment

Lol, I'm hoping few of these are real entries Gives me brain ache every time I try and think of one, lol

Comment

Here's mine Hi-Def Gaming.com (taking all formats into the future )

Child of Eden if winning.
            Last edited by MisterBubbles; 16-06-2011, 12:18.

Comment

Something that implies the type of community. GameFAQs this is not.

Comment

If these are serious suggestions, please do make them via PM to Charles. If we post them in here and they're a goer we may lose the domain thanks to opportunist registrants.

Comment

Good PMs so far - keep em coming.

Comment

thewebsiteformerlyknownasntsc-uk.co.uk

(not a serious one, otherwise I'd have PM'd Charles)

EDIT:
                    and later down the line we can rebrand again to
                    thewebsiteformerlyknownasthewebsiteformerlyknownas ntsc-uk.co.uk

Comment

And then just change to a symbol.

Comment

It's available!

Comment

Games an' Ting!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            +1 for this

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              www.welovegamemen.com
                              It's available!
                              That's a tongue-in-cheek joke entry, right? Because saying it aloud implies something other than what's written.

Oh god, am I doing that thing where people ask if an obvious joke is actually a joke because they don't what jokes are actually jokes?

Comment

I was having a look online and realised the full of extent of what the community have been hanging under for the past decade or so.

National Television System Committee – United Kingdom

This site was not named after importing, videogames or with little cultural relevance to Japan. I think it’s fair to say that the majority of us no longer rely on importing because of how much has changed but we all have common links. The site is UK centric and we all love games.

Should we go with initials again? Rllmuk was named after the initials of the sites founder and his then girlfriend, with UK slapped on the end. Simple words like Apple work nicely but say nothing about what the community is in till it’s become established. I like the UK at the end as its defines the region more, so maybe it should be kept?

PAL – UK – Bit obvious but reflects what’s happened. Just be scared if people think it’s a friendship website…

ATSC-UK – Keeps the same idea, but ties into the switch over, much like the site!
                                “After nearly 70 years of use, the vast majority of over-the-air NTSC transmissions in the United States were replaced with digital ATSC on June 12, 2009, and will be by August 31, 2011, in Canada. Despite the shift to digital broadcasting, standard definition television in these countries continues to follow the NTSC standard in terms of frame rate and number of lines of resolution.”

Although this is meant to be a competition, have we had any good, serious recommendations yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X