This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a brainwave
    Office Boffins - The UK's Office Furniture experts. Free UK Mainland Delivery on all orders. Over 20 years experience selling Office Furniture online including Office Desks, Office Chairs and Office Storage.

Apart from the obvious play on words it's pretty accurate description of the site as a place to come to discuss games. I will PM Charles

Comment

Turns out I'm gong to be without internets for 2 weeks, so this competition remains open till I'm back online. Probably around the 10th July. Have fun all.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
        Had a brainwave
        Office Boffins - The UK's Office Furniture experts. Free UK Mainland Delivery on all orders. Over 20 years experience selling Office Furniture online including Office Desks, Office Chairs and Office Storage.

Apart from the obvious play on words it's pretty accurate description of the site as a place to come to discuss games. I will PM Charles
        Ewww no

Comment

I think that's the point

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
            Neds dead baby, Neds dead

Comment

Now closed. We'll get on it. Thanks all.

Comment

Expect an update on this shortly

Comment

The winner of the competition is crazytaxinext Congrats.

His suggestion was borderdown which pretty much summarised everything we are about:
                  - history is covered with vanquishing of black borders
                  - worldwide viewpoint and wish for everything to be region-free is covered
                  - coverage of all platforms and formats is hinted at; as a group of gamers we aren't constrained by normal boundaries (that "the system" tries to place upon us, help help I'm being repressed )

Other notable entries were:
                  groundcero and cerotolerance which were cool but too specific - if the cero rating changes to something else, we'd have to rebrand again....
                  playeverything
                  GameNation
                  RegionFreeGamers
                  endofgameboss
                  toomanygames - lol. Brilliant
                  GamesWithoutBorders
                  Oldblokesgaming - lol

Many thanks to all that entered - great to see so many of you passionate about the site.

ctn, please send me your choice of game (and a url) and your home address

As for the actual rebrand, we are going with a slightly tweaked version:
                  bordersdown.net - note the "s" which reflects open nature of the site in so many areas.

If anyone has any funky ideas for a logo that doesn't end up looking too much like a bluray disc logo please suggest away

Anyone that fears change probably shouldn't have been reading this thread in the first place - please send all requests for councilling to get you through this transition phase to my inbox

Comment

Working...
                  X