No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Cameron is a n00b. He's the only person I'd trust to be able to pull off a live action Akira trilogy, after seeing the alternate opening to Avatar (futuristic city bits) I'm more than convinced about this. I might write to the c**t and demand that he changes his mind. DiCaprio should put two and two together... yet another c**t.
    Right with you on that buddy.

Comment

We’ve previous heard of James Cameron considering at least one and likely two more “Avatar” films, but today comes word that there might be more than that. Out doing press for her stint on USA Network’s “Political Animals”, Sigourney Weaver spoke with Showbiz 411 about the series and touched briefly upon the “Avatar” follow-ups. To […]

Sigourney Weaver has briefly mentioned the planned Avatar sequels. This isn't in anyway solid info as its partially a suggestion of the reporters but its been touched upon that Avatar 2, 3 and 4 could be made back to back.

Personally I think its stupid. Popular as Avatar was I'm not convinced it can hold the audience for 4 films and even if it can, back to back sequels almost always mean weak entries. They shouldn't made 2 and 3 back to back let alone three of the things.

Comment

Back to the future had back to back sequels, ok they weren't as good as the original but they are still pretty good, plus superman and superman 2 were filmed back to back, and while the sequel had a troubled production it's still a good film.

Filming back to back sometimes works

Comment

BTTF is a fair one, I love all of them though BTTF3 is the weakest

Superman I wouldn't say counts in the same way most back to back films do as when 1 & 2 were made it was a fresh project so it was properly planned (though a hell of a risk). Usually its done with sequels looking to quickly cash in on the originals. Always worth lowing the expectations bar when a series does it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            BTTF is a fair one, I love all of them though BTTF3 is the weakest
            3 > 2 for me; I still like the second one, but future Hill Valley is pap.

Comment

EDIT - double post :/

Comment

Future Hill Valley hasn't aged great, especially now we're so close to 2015 and without our flying cars and hoverboards ()

Comment

I wasn't even thinking about my lack of a hoverboard. Now I'm really depressed.

Comment

Avatar gets its 4th home release this October as Fox releases the 3D version of the film in a wider Blu-Ray run with Collectors box art. It doesn't contain the Extended Cut

Comment

Good news, not really fussed about the Extended edition as it does not add that much to the film.

Comment

Is it bad that I have never seen Avatar??

In fact is it bad that I don't care if I ever watch it?

Neil

Comment

I'd say it's a film that deserves to be watched. It's one of the best blockbusters ever made. Top quality high budget film making like only James Cameron can deliver.

Lots of people don't like it on this forum though, they seem to think its derivative and all about the effects. Personally I think that's simply untrue though, it's no more derivative than 99% of films that are released every year and the story works well, it features good acting and fantastic action sequences and of course visually its unparalleled. Its a film that anyone who considers themselfs a cinema fan really should see. Plus it's still the definitive 3d experience.

It certainly deserves all the high ratings it has online despite what some people here might say.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 21-08-2012, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                            I'd say it's a film that deserves to be watched. It's one of the best block haters ever make. Top quality high budget film making like only James Cameron can deliver.

Lots of people don't like it on this forum though, they seem to think its derivative and all about the effects. Personally I think that's simply untrue though, it's no more derivative than 99% of films that are released every year and the story works well, it features good acting and fantastic action sequences and of course visually its unparalleled. Its a film that anyone who considers themselfs a cinema fan really should see. Plus it's still the definitive 3d experience.
                            I think I may fall into that second category already.
                            I've read so much stuff on the interweb that makes me just go "meh sounds utterly pants" that I've had zero interest in it at all from day one.

If it's really worth it like you say though then I guess it's cheap enough to get the BD these days that I might just buy it & try it.

Neil

Comment

Its a great film on many levels, it's only really the people who seem intent to dislike it that actually do. If you look at actual reviews for the film nearly all of them are extreamly positive, but people like to hate hyped films, especially on internet forums.

If you like Camerons other films you should like Avatar, it's the type of big film that doesn't come around often. If you do watch it though I would stick with the theatrical cut. Unless you like bizarre extended sex scenes involving blue aliens of course.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                Its a great film on many levels, it's only really the people who seem intent to dislike it that actually do. If you look at actual reviews for the film nearly all of them are extreamly positive, but people like to hate hyped films, especially on internet forums.

If you like Camerons other films you should like Avatar, it's the type of big film that doesn't come around often. If you do watch it though I would stick with the theatrical cut. Unless you like bizarre extended sex scenes involving blue aliens of course.
                                Like I said I think I've succumbed to the "it's so hyped it must be terrible" school of thought & I had heard about the weird extended sex scene's which kind of made me wonder why.

I'm not a huge Cameron fan TBH I enjoy some of his stuff (Vampires for example) but other things just don't do it for me.

I will take your advice though & grab a cheap 2nd hand copy to give it the benefit of the doubt & I will have zero problems in admitting my pre-conceived opinion may be wrong.

Will let you know when I do

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X