Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with him 100% but I'm not sure all those Avatar sequels are what's gonna prove his point ... unless he has a TON of great ideas. I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      I can at least agree with him on this one, the 'death of cinema' has been predicted for decades now and is less close than it was when the predictions first started. It's going nowhere.
      Yep. At the end of each year, Variety and the Hollywood Reporter would have articles claiming that cinema was dying, always citing the one big failure of the year (usually one any one of us would have seen coming). And yet here we are and cinema is no closer to death.

Comment

Avatar 2-5 have all been delayed by yet another year as Covid tears through cinema listings. Avatar 2 will now arrive December 2022

Comment

At this rate I'd think Jim Cameron is going for the longest gap between sequels.

Comment

New art has been released for Avatar 2

Comment

With the sequel to “Don’t Breathe” hitting cinemas next week, the film’s star Stephen Lang has been out doing press rounds for the suspense thriller. During that press, he briefly discussed the four “Avatar” sequels. As we know, the second and third films are shot with some of the fourth also done. That said, the […]

Stephan Lang discusses working on the four Avatar sequels which I considered to be a hell of a financial gamble already, let along post-pandemic

Comment

Disney own it now yeah? If so they have the world at Disneyland to support so in that sense these will work.

Comment

It used to be interesting that Disney featured Star Tours, the addition of Avatar pre-buyout was nuts... still kind of is.

There's going to be some awkward glances around the exec table if these falter

Comment

I'm in two minds about these films.

Another Avatar makes sense, it made a billion, so a sequel is obvious. Another 4? Not sure about that.

However, with people less likely to go to the cinema, perhaps another 3D spectacular is what we need to get bums back on seats. You can't experience 3D at home as easily as you once could.
                    BUT...once the 3D-Ness has been experienced again with Avatar 2, I can see a big drop off for 3,4&5.

Comment

I strongly suspect 3D will fail to draw audiences like it did with the first one, it's died a long drawn out death in theatres. With budgets of around $250m each, a decade+ delay in arriving, the pandemic and Avatar holding pretty much close to zero public mindset it's at least a good thing for those who still care about it that by the time Avatar 2 is released Avatar 5 will already be in the can. I suspect Dune fans won't be so lucky at getting additional entries.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        I strongly suspect 3D will fail to draw audiences like it did with the first one, it's died a long drawn out death in theatres. With budgets of around $250m each, a decade+ delay in arriving, the pandemic and Avatar holding pretty much close to zero public mindset it's at least a good thing for those who still care about it that by the time Avatar 2 is released Avatar 5 will already be in the can. I suspect Dune fans won't be so lucky at getting additional entries.
                        ... However, it's Jim Cameron and I'm reluctant to discount him just yet...

Comment

It's certainly a dangerous game, logic already got defied by Avatar and Titanic's success.

I'm still waiting on Disney World's Titanic ride and four sequels to that one!

Comment

Comment

Honestly who cares at this point? Ship, sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Honestly who cares at this point? Ship, sailed.
                                Agreed. Been waiting too long to even care anymore. They should have followed it up years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X