Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Cameron says that his upcoming two “Avatar” films will not form a trilogy he tells Fox News. “we’re shooting two films back-to-back, so I’m writing two scripts, not one, which will complete a [three]-film story arc – not really a trilogy, but just an overall character arc so I’m pretty excited about that. we’re […]

Cameron has told Fox News that he's started writing the back-to-back sequels with a new tech work having started. With the 3D Craze bubble almost burst it'll be interesting to see how these do. Back-to-back sequelling is never a good idea and 3D drove a lot of the originals hype.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 16-06-2023, 06:51.

I really don't see the need for a sequal never mind two! But i guess $ talks.

Comment

I agree that the 3D bubble is bursting - been waaaay overused stupidly and greedily. Theres more 2D showings of Green Lantern than 3D at cineworld which says a lot.

That said, Avatar is still the only film that most associate with 3D so it will work and kill at the box office. We are probably talking 5 years yet though so this thread is in it for the long run!

Comment

Where's the story coming from? They never made sequels to Dances With Wolves....

Comment

I believe there was a straight to video Pocahontas sequel so that has one film covered.

Comment

A while back they kept referring to Avatar 2 being set in the ocean which likely means it's different location, same story situation. Avatar's one of those Financially Rich-Creatively Bankrupt franchises.

Comment

Really enjoyed the first film but disliked the whole 3d thing. I'm looking forward to the sequel and it's interesting to hear he is going to film it at a higher frame rate possibly 50fps but don't like the idea of shooting a 3rd right after. Sounds very similar to the Pirates franchise where 1 was good the 2nd not bad but by the 3rd it had gone stale. TBH i hope he just does a 2nd wraps the story up for good and then moves on to Battle Angel.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                A while back they kept referring to Avatar 2 being set in the ocean which likely means it's different location, same story situation. Avatar's one of those Financially Rich-Creatively Bankrupt franchises.
                Aaaah, The Little Mermaid.

Comment

Can you buiy avatar 3d blu ray yet ? or do you still have to buy it witha panasonic tv

Comment

Avatar 2Asked how Sigourney Weaver might come back in the sequel despite her mind becoming one with a tree in the first film, James Cameron wouldn’t confirm but hinted at how that will be accomplished. “Have you ever heard of nonlinear storytelling? A lot happens on that planet before she shows up, and before Jake […]

For Avatar 2, Cameron basically says prequel sequences.

Comment

Are you keenly anticipating the “Avatar” sequels? You’re going to have to wait a little longer – two years longer than previously anticipated according to EntertainmentWise. Speaking at a screening for “Titanic 3D”, Producer Jon Landau confirmed it would be a good wait before we return to Pandora – “We are excitedly working on it […]

Avatar 2 delayed till at the earliest 2016.... meh

Comment

With the 3D “Titanic” re-release having gotten a lavish premiere and big promo push in the UK this week, producer Jon Landau has been out doing interviews. Chatting with Empire, the topic of “Avatar” sequels came up. Last year it was thought that the next two films had been loosely targeting a December 2014 & […]

Producer John Landau has said that WETA has started doing some work ahead of the sequel however 2015 looks to be the earliest anyone will return to Pandora.

Comment

James Cameron has found his true love, and it is blue. In an interview with The New York Times, the “Titanic” and “Aliens” filmmaker admits that a combination of his own non-filmmaking activities and his commitments to the “Avatar” franchise mean that he has essentially scrapped all plans to either develop or produce any other […]

Cameron states that his career from now is set to be deep sea exploration... and endless Avatar sequels. The deep sea stuff is fair enough, he has the money, resources and its a genuine interest but it's a shame to see him limit himself to Avatar. It's fine saying 'I can say everything through this series' but the original had nothing to say for itself really so christ knows what the sequels will do. Plus its a little too dependent on the series consistently delivering the numbers the first did. There'll be no 3D hype this time to back it up and it feels like the tech and cost heavy development stages are a backwards way of filmmaking. No doubt Avatar 2 will do enough business but as far as reaching 4 etc, it sounds more like we're seeing the end of Cameron's film making career as his interests move on to other areas.

Comment

I just watched the Director's cut on BluRay this weekend (2D). Wish I'd seen it in 3D just one more time at the Imax.

Cameron is a n00b. He's the only person I'd trust to be able to pull off a live action Akira trilogy, after seeing the alternate opening to Avatar (futuristic city bits) I'm more than convinced about this. I might write to the c**t and demand that he changes his mind. DiCaprio should put two and two together... yet another c**t.

Comment

I love Avatar, say what you will about Cameron but hes good at making fantastically epic films.

I also liked the story to the film, although I know some people complained that it was just a Dances with Wolves rip off. I dont have a problem with one films story feeling like anothers as long as its done well though. I also belive there theres plenty of room for other stories in the Avatar Universe and if anyone is going to tell those stories I would prefer it be Cameron than a lesser director whos going to waste everyones time by putting out several made for video sequels for the next 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X