No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh. Interesting, thanks Neil. Might be worth switching to save the £6 in that case! Have you found WowHD reliable [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]? I've heard their shipping can be very slow.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      QC, if there is one film where it is worth spending a couple of grand to upgrade your entire setup to 4K, surely it's that visual feast?!
      If you remember, I was in the market for a telly and was about to buy one when the missus wanted an extension, so we'll be remodelling the lounge and when I do, I'll upgrade from the plasma telly that I've had longer than I've had kids and one just turned 10...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Huh. Interesting, thanks Neil. Might be worth switching to save the £6 in that case! Have you found WowHD reliable [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]? I've heard their shipping can be very slow.
        No problems
        Yeah shipping isn't the quickest but I've never been in any particular hurry for anything I've ordered so it's never been much of an issue

The packaging can be a bit flimsy...they usually ship in cardboard sleeves...bit like Amazon

Neil

Comment

Ordered today. Went with Amazon in the end as I already have an account set up. Plenty of love for Season of the Witch here

Comment

I did see Shout Factory say somewhere that it was the best selling so far of the new 4K editions.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Ordered today. Went with Amazon in the end as I already have an account set up. Plenty of love for Season of the Witch here
              I bloody love it.
              It's just everything coming together for a perfect union to make a great film.
              The score, cast, story, memorable death scenes, the location - it's all a bit silly, but so much fun.

Comment

I'll always have fond memories of watching it on UK TV and Irish TV one day after another. One of them (can't remember which) would cut out all the swearing but leave in all the gore and the other would cut out all the gore but leave in the swearing. You had to watch both for the full experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I'll always have fond memories of watching it on UK TV and Irish TV one day after another. One of them (can't remember which) would cut out all the swearing but leave in all the gore and the other would cut out all the gore but leave in the swearing. You had to watch both for the full experience.
                  I remember that from watching the tv ver and the vhs ver … one had swearing, one had gore. Doesn’t make a lot of sense. I expect the new release will tick both boxes. It better do.

Comment

Comment

New get today & another for the DC Animated collection Batman the Long Halloween part 1

Neil

Comment

One of my fave Batman stories that @Soundwave ... I'll have to see it myself at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          One of my fave Batman stories that @Soundwave ... I'll have to see it myself at some point.
                          I've never actually read it so I'll be going in blind but I've always wanted to read it so I'm looking forward to seeing it

Neil

Comment

I have the comic and it's very good.
                            Nice to see "The World's Greatest Detective" actually doing some Detective work!

Comment

I’m not much of a comics person but I read The Long Halloween and absolutely loved it. Such a good story.

Comment

Riki-oh
                                This seems good, with a decent chunk of extras, but £25 for a film I've never seen and could be rubbish is a bit steep, so I looked on eBay and got the HKL DVD for £3.20

Comment

Working...
                                X