• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We wanna know, Joe.

EDIT: Thanks, Hank(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Not at home so I’ll post a pic, Vic

Which version of the film is this? Its not the weird remaster version with all the horrible CGI that got added I hope.

Comment

I'm one of the few people who seems happy that both the anime and live-action versions of GitS exist.

My anime copy is one I got free with Sega Power or something though, so I suspect your shiny new copy might be a bit crisper!

Love the 3D on the live-action. I think it's a gorgeous film.
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-01-2022, 08:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Which version of the film is this? Its not the weird remaster version with all the horrible CGI that got added I hope.
          Oh, God!! I'd forgotten that 2.0 existed and now you've made me remember.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Oh, God!! I'd forgotten that 2.0 existed and now you've made me remember.
            Yes. That's why I treasure my limited edition DVD version.

Comment

I assumed it was the original version (I didn’t know there was an ‘update’ of sorts)

Comment

I actually own a copy.

I've got the OG anime and live action films on 4K and then 2.0 (an "updated" version of the 1995 film with a load of terrible CG scenes), Solid State Society (a film edit of the Stand Alone Complex, I think) and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence on Blu.
                Last edited by teddymeow; 04-11-2021, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  I actually own a copy.

I've got the OG anime and live action films on 4K and then 2.0 (an "updated" version of the 1995 film with a load of terrible CG scenes), Solid State Society (a film edit of the Stand Alone Complex Individual Eleven story arc) and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence on Blu.
                  Is the limited edition steel book the original version? I can't find out anywhere.

Comment

Is the limited edition steel book the original version? I can't find out anywhere.
                    I'm not sure. I bought a normal BR copy from HMV a while back.

Comment

OK Atticus, it's on you. You've gotta watch it and let me know. I'll buy it if it's the original version.

Comment

OK Atticus, it's on you. You've gotta watch it and let me know. I'll buy it if it's the original version.
                        I’ve not seen it since the 90s. What am I looking out for exactly?

This is hardly conclusive but the hidefdigest review of the US release states: ‘a brand-new 4K remaster of the original elements’

I think [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] owns that version. Maybe he could shed some light

Comment

This is hardly conclusive but the hidefdigest review of the US release states: ‘a brand-new 4K remaster of the original elements’

I think [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] owns that version. Maybe he could shed some light
                          It's definitely sounds like it's the original version they've used. Fingers crossed.
                          The biggest tell on the 2.0 version is the very beginning of the film is all done in early 2000s CGI rather than the original hand drawn animation.

Comment

[MENTION=16707]Cassius_Smoke[/MENTION] Looking online it says the 1995 version so, to me, that means OG film.

The 2.0 version was released in 2007 as a sort of companion release to Sky Crawlers.

Comment

Hmm, I had a look at the first couple of mins and the green 3D map does look different to the std animation. Can’t tell whether it’s cgi or not as it’s not very clear (the std 2D pic is much cleaner) but if that 3D map wasn’t in the original version then this may conform your worst fears.

I do have a first ed R1 dvd which I could use to compare but I don’t have a multi region player set up at present.

EDIT: thinking about it, and reading the comment above, if it was 2007 cgi it would look cleaner than than the std animation, not rougher. So maybe it is original. Maybe that’s why it was redone in the first place as it hasn’t aged well.
                              Last edited by Atticus; 04-11-2021, 19:53.

Comment

Yeah I have it
                                Doesn't say anything but makes a lot of mention about 25th Anniversary so assume it's the original remastered & not the 2.0

I'm also with [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] & love the live action version it's awesome to watch & as he said the 3D is first class on it

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X