No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some recent additions to the collection. Big thank you again to [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] for Night of the Animated Dead

Comment

That Mulholland Drive UHD set lookin' real fine

Comment

I LOVE "You're Next"! Really great twist on a pretty tired genre.
        Been a few more like this that I've enjoyed like "The Hunt" and "Ready Or Not".

The Vengeance films washed over me as I didn't feel they were as good as "Oldboy" or "City of Violence". I should probably try again.
        Still need to see "A Bittersweet Life" and "Man From Nowhere" from S. Korea.

Never seen Mullholland Drive! Erk!

Comment

I was in the mood for more after Oldboy but I’ll deffo be keeping my expectations in check.

I’ll make a note of those other titles too.

Haven’t seen You’re Next yet but picked it up after watching The Guest again.

Mulholland Dr is outstanding, up there with Lynch’s finest work.

Comment

Had to be done

Comment

I genuinely think Citizen Kane is the Citizen Kane of movies.

It is an interesting story, although ultimately very sad, the cinematography in it is seminal.
              So many clever shots, like digging a hole in the ground so that the camera is at floor level to make CK seem even taller.

This got a commentary track talking about aspects like that?

Comment

Ooh, I really want that.

Been holding off UHDs lately as been spending money elsewhere (things for the house and, er, Analogue Pockets...).

Been so much good stuff in the runup to Xmas that there's now a raft of ones I want to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Had to be done

CITIZEN KANF

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    I genuinely think Citizen Kane is the Citizen Kane of movies.
                    my dad uses the same line at classic car shows but with ‘the Rolls Royce of…’

This got a commentary track talking about aspects like that?
                    Couple of heavyweights on the commentary tracks but not sure what angles they’ll be coming from.

Comment

I'd really like to listen to that Ebert commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Ooh, I really want that.

Been holding off UHDs lately as been spending money elsewhere (things for the house and, er, Analogue Pockets...).

Been so much good stuff in the runup to Xmas that there's now a raft of ones I want to get.
                        The Analogue Pocket is something for the house I guess Were you planning on picking up Mulholland Drive by any chance? It’s starting to sell out in a few places already.

Comment

Yeah I was. Ah balls really?

Thanks for the heads up - think I'll probably have to wait for the standard amaray reissue in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            CITIZEN KANF
                            Gah, I should have known something was up when I bought it off a market stall for £3

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Yeah I was. Ah balls really?

Thanks for the heads up - think I'll probably have to wait for the standard amaray reissue in that case.
                              It's still available at zavvi I think, if you were in the market. I'm sure the std ver won't be far away either way

Comment

Yeah might have to be sensible and wait for that. The LE looks like a great set though, excellent get

Comment

Working...
                                X