No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the Vengeance Trails blu-ray set. 4 spaghetti westerns. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Did you manage to grab a Riki Oh?
      All sold out now

Neil
      No joy. I’ll maybe pop to HMV and Fopp in Glasgow next week and see what I can lay my hands on.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        No joy. I’ll maybe pop to HMV and Fopp in Glasgow next week and see what I can lay my hands on.
        I'll try my one this week if you like?
        If they have it (they did have 2 copies before Christmas) & it's definitely £10.99 I'll grab you one if you like?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          I'll try my one this week if you like?
          If they have it (they did have 2 copies before Christmas) & it's definitely £10.99 I'll grab you one if you like?

Neil
          If it’s no trouble that would be great. Thanks.

Comment

No problems
            I'll try tomorrow if I can get to town after work

Neil

Comment

Having previously walked away from physical media collecting I'm now back. In the last week or so I've ordered around 15 4K UHD releases to begin collecting all of the MCU films. No steelbooks or what not this time, just the normal releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Having previously walked away from physical media collecting I'm now back. In the last week or so I've ordered around 15 4K UHD releases to begin collecting all of the MCU films. No steelbooks or what not this time, just the normal releases.
                Digital sucks. Compressed image even though they say its 4k. Compressed audio. No extras and no voice over tracks.

Comment

Yep, whatever method we've watched anything digitally by in 4K it always seems underwhelming in some way. I'm going to keep the collection much more restraint this time but there are a few things I want to ensure I have permanently and not be dependent on online services for access especially now home media is seemingly in its twilight days

Comment

Got it
                    Last one on the shelf too, glad I got in there today for you

Neil

Comment

Fantastic, thanks very much. PM incoming.

Comment

Forumites hooking up forumites - you love to see it

Interesting to see NI back in the physical game too. I’ve personally cooled on my physical purchases recently and focused on Netflix, Prime, and Apple. Underwhelming is the word. Particularly on the sound side, where the difference is absolutely dramatic, but also in terms of video. UHD disc is a terrific format and I’ll be back to it despite the cost in the New Year. Why bother investing in great AV equipment if you feed it poor quality material? At least, that’s my view.

Comment

I got Momento 2nd on ebay. It's not available to stream anywhere as far as I can tell, or buy new,which is weird.

Comment

I wasn't going to double-dip, but a combination of the HKL release of Armour of God being pretty sparse with no commentary (this 88 Films release has 3 of them!), my friend adding to the extras and it being one of my all-time faves, meant I couldn't resist.

It's actually blown me away. Postcards are normally meh, but it's genuinely interesting to see the various promotional pictures.
                            The poster is double-sided with the OG design on one side and a larger version of Kung-Fu Bob's art from the new box on the other.

The booklet is genuinely an interesting read for Chan Fans, with articles about Eastern Heroes magazine and the videogame adaptations of his films, of which I never knew there were so many. Some interviews and other features make up a decent booklet of articles.

I've not watched the film yet, but there are 2 versions (HK and International) both with loads of extras.

Definitely pleased I splashed out as the higher price tag seems worth it for the physical and digital extras, rather than rarity or cosmetic steelbook case pumping the price up.

Comment

I had to get the Star Trek box sets, now I'm up to date with all DVD boxes of Star Trek. Lower Decks is good, and I have been going through it again. Discovery has some really bad writing and I'm not anticipating the rewatch of that.

I was planning on streaming Dune at some point, but then I noticed that the DVD was already released, and as a long time Dune fan I knew I would buy the movie eventually so why not just buy it now. The DVD transfer is great with no pixelation (unlike with the current Star Trek boxes), and it looked great on my CRT TV. I enjoyed Dune and can't wait for the next movie.

Comment

Some 4k goodness to make to boy cack his pants

Comment

Working...
                                X