• Show
Clear All

New get for me today HD ZETA double Lenticular Wonder Woman 1984

Neil

Comment

Comment

3D pick-ups for pocket change

Comment

I haven't posted them but since starting to pick up 4K releases a short spell ago I've spent too much... I think I've picked up 20-30 covering a slice of DCU, half the MCU, both It films and all four Ghostbusters.

Comment

The last two posts illustrate how the movie industry is constantly reinventing itself to get new sales!

I wonder how long it will be before 8K is getting pushed?

Some great gets there, Atticus.
            Even a schlocky film like Piranha will be fun in 3D.
            I bet Prometheus is gorgeous, but I can't bring myself to watching all the stupid scientists again.
            Pi is something I need to get. (BONUS, it was Pi day in America yesterday 3.14)

Obviously Dredd is top-tier for action and 3D. *chef's kiss*

Comment

Another couple of picks from CeX. I love Upgrade. One of those films that I watched and thought I wish there were more like it. Great to have the limited edition.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Some great gets there, Atticus.
              Even a schlocky film like Piranha will be fun in 3D.
              I bet Prometheus is gorgeous, but I can't bring myself to watching all the stupid scientists again.
              Pi is something I need to get. (BONUS, it was Pi day in America yesterday 3.14)

Obviously Dredd is top-tier for action and 3D. *chef's kiss*
              Yeah, I thought Piranha might be good for some old-fashioned 3D monster fun.

Dredd is next on that watch list. I’ve heard nothing but great things.

Comment

I was hovering over buying that Upgrade disc for ages as I wanted to hear the Leigh Whannell commentary.
                I thought this and The Invisible Man were brilliant and wanted to hear more about his filmmaking process.

Not seen that SPVTW disc before! Nice Sex Bob-omb pin!

Comment

The official online store for 88 Films. Buy from us directly.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

The official online store for 88 Films. Buy from us directly.

Oh good lord looks like my weekly trip to HMV tomorrow could get very expensive lol

In other news a new arrival for me in the shape of WEET Antman & Wasp Lenticular edition

It's lovely with really good depth on the Lenti & some lovely embossing on Wasp & the blades of grass on the back

Neil

Comment

My hype for this dwindled when I found out it lacked two elements from the NA equivalent. But I can live without a download code for a film I didn’t like at all, and that green light I guess. But I wanted to pick it up for the two special features discs that are packed with stuff and also the making of book.

Comment

The work print is well worth the entry price! So many new scenes and alternative takes plus place holder audio for the most part.

Comment

Few bits and bobs this week (EfLA was a while back but the replacement disc just arrived this week).

Comment

Excellent work.

Need to get Godfather myself.

I'm kinda annoyed about the Robocop set honestly. I bought the normal Blu Arrow version of that back when it released, and it's awesome set - love the transfer, the packaging, the book. But it's frustrating that there's now a UHD version which is exactly the same thing but contains a UHD disc. It'll just annoy me on a rewatch now, knowing there's a UHD version out there and I'm not viewing it!

Going to keep my eyes peeled for it popping up at CEX.

Comment

Yeah, I can understand peeps being a bit unhappy with Arrow but some high profile releases have straddled the UHD boom, and in fairness to Arrow they got on board with the format early for a boutique label.

I’ve been selling/trading blu sets whenever the UHD announcements happen, which is a bit of a gamble (the new release of Deep Red lacks the soundtrack disc of the previous set) but generally works out.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Going to keep my eyes peeled for it popping up at CEX.
                              It’ll turn up in no time. And those sturdy Arrow boxes are built to survive the CeX ‘process’

Comment

I'm still not quite at the UHD stage and finding standard Blus for bargain prices.
                                Hell, I still buy DVDs sometimes!
                                I bought that Shin Godzilla for pence and watched that again this week!

In fact, I got Arrow Robocop from CEX and dipped into the wealth of extras.
                                I know it's heresy, but I didn't enjoy the film as much as I used to.
                                My memory was of it being a lot deeper, but it's pretty simplistic.
                                Still a classic, but y'know.

Comment

Working...
                                X