No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, having bought a fair few 4K discs in the last few weeks I do have one or two steelbooks in the mix as they proved to be the best route to getting the film but I haven't made any real attentive view of them. I did just catch this up for preorder and it's not a film I'd shell out £35 as they're asking for but I just wanted to take a moment for it because - seriously - whoever came up with the artwork for this release...

Comment

Finally picked up Dune on 4k, I can’t wait till the weekend for a blinds down lights off movie night, but with added toilet breaks and free snacks.

Comment

Couple of oldies for me this week

Comment

Yeah, not seen either of those!

Comment

The missus is very excited for late May so...

Top Gun by Neon Ignition, on Flickr

Comment

Building the MCU collection continues

Venom 2 by Neon Ignition, on Flickr

Comment

That's a pretty good package for Top Gun. I like when scripts are included. It's quite rare. If I never see another 'art card', on the other hand, it will be too soon.

Comment

Yep, they seem common but add nothing. We just had Jaws arrive too, I need to snap the mass of deliveries we've had

Comment

I enjoyed the Venom movies. They're really good fun.

Comment

Yep, Morbius really highlighted how much heavy lifting the Eddie/Venom dynamic does. Hopefully Sony starts aiming higher with their own films soon beyond Venom

Comment

Is Venom classed as MCU?

Comment

Yep, it's all expanding fast with more films likely to join the Maguire Cinematic Universe soon too.
                          If you include What If and what's been mentioned in terms of the number of universes Doctor Strange 2 will feature the MCU will currently span close to *
                          Earth's.

Focusing on purely the films and putting Doctor Strange aside for the minute because despite what's been shown, there's still room that some characters could simply be using the same actor but not be the same incarnation - it currently counts 4 Earths:

-The MCU Earth
                          -The Tobey Maguire Earth
                          -The Andrew Garfield Earth
                          -The Sony MCU Earth

All of them have featured a direct crossover whether big or small.
                          *trying to avoid spoilers*

Comment

I haven't seen them, so can't say if there are cameos in the Venom films.

They just felt very different and not part of anything else, even though I know they're leaning towards the multiverse to explain Disney's acquisition of Fox and the X-Men and keep certain dead characters alive.

Like I don't see Blade or The Fantastic Four (any version!) as part of the MCU, even if they did a story where an older Blade appeared now. The original feels apart from the MCU.

Comment

The Sony made films have less involvement from Marvel so have a different feel to them, so far they're much shorter simpler films too.

Comment

Watched Dune again last night, as magnificent an overall film as you can really get. However, there’s scenes missing from the cinema version, like Paul and Letos discussion aboard the high liner about the spacing guild, others missing as well but I can’t put my finger on them.

What gives?
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 01-05-2022, 08:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X